Comr4de and BDLS work on their (not so?) super sekrit server project

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Are you able to add station-only reactor blocks to the config? If so, a potential way to lock out shield regens from being used on ships is to up their power costs by a few orders of magnitude, and create reactors (which only stations can use) with similarly buffed output. To ensure that other things still balance out nicely, you might also increase the power costs of other station-only blocks, I guess.

There wouldn't be any need for these reactors to be expensive, as long as only stations can use them, and the cost for shield regeneration is too excessive for ships to utilize. Perhaps the recipe could simply be 1:1 with normal reactors, with the opposite recipe for converting them back.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm pretty sure that reactors, like shields, are hardcoded to that ID.

Once shields for stations only gets figured out, can I suggest a removal of the downward curve on shields and possibly buff their strength per block? It'd help make stations more powerful.
    Oh, and increase the shield protection to 100%.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    block behavior config, line 10 (notepad++),
    <ShieldCapacityPow>0.9791797578</ShieldCapacityPow>
    change it to
    <ShieldCapacityPow>0.01</ShieldCapacityPow>

or take line 12
    <ShieldCapacityTotalMul>110</ShieldCapacityTotalMul>
    and turn it to 10, or 0. Depending on how low you want your shields.

Oh, and don't forget to change
    <ShieldRechargeTotalMul>5.5</ShieldRechargeTotalMul>
    to something like 0.5 or 0.25 because you would hypothetically still be able to make something that regens more than ships DPS with a 60% ion effect.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    block behavior config, line 10 (notepad++),
    <ShieldCapacityPow>0.9791797578</ShieldCapacityPow>
    change it to
    <ShieldCapacityPow>0.01</ShieldCapacityPow>

or take line 12
    <ShieldCapacityTotalMul>110</ShieldCapacityTotalMul>
    and turn it to 10, or 0. Depending on how low you want your shields.

Oh, and don't forget to change
    <ShieldRechargeTotalMul>5.5</ShieldRechargeTotalMul>
    to something like 0.5 or 0.25 because you would hypothetically still be able to make something that regens more than ships DPS with a 60% ion effect.
    They don't want to remove shields, just make them only available to stations.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    We actually figured it out a couple nights ago.

There is an option in server.cfg to delete ships that have blocks that don't belong in their structure. It's not the modded BP lines, it's further down. By default it's set to false.

Regarding buffing shields, I'm going to leave them at default values for now. I want stations to be scary but not super titan unbeatable. Not having shields on ships already changes the dynamic drastically, obviously.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Question. Is the servers IP going to be with port: 4242? If it is I won't be able to play.. and I'll be a sad panda.. :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    We actually figured it out a couple nights ago.

There is an option in server.cfg to delete ships that have blocks that don't belong in their structure. It's not the modded BP lines, it's further down. By default it's set to false.

Regarding buffing shields, I'm going to leave them at default values for now. I want stations to be scary but not super titan unbeatable. Not having shields on ships already changes the dynamic drastically, obviously.
    Ha, well you want bad idea I've got a million of um

Unfortunatly I have already been down the route of trying to restrict blocks via that blue print setting you speak of. It will also delete any stations that have the restricted block. And I don't mean delete them from the blueprint catalogs, I mean delete them off the map/data base. It doesn't happen right away tho, some times the sector needs to load and unload a couple times before the game says "hey that's not suppose to be here" and deletes it.

Until we get a "ship only" or "structure only" option per block in the config, it's not happening. =\

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Are you talking about stations with turrets with shields? That isn't quite right. Since we only restricted shields to stations it'll just delete the turrets. Source: we tested it last night. We're going to be redoing the default stations with raildock turrets anyway. That's Comr4de 's job for the weekend, actually. It's going to be a bitch to do but it'll save us a lot of grief in the long run. I know there are a couple of default pirate stations that have already been updated so we're going to use those for sure.