Computers and modules

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    For organizing and building purposes, I think it would be fantastic if computers and modules for an item went into the same slot ( the same way that hull does)

examples of what i'm talking about is putting salvage modules and a salvage computer in the same slot, same with missle tubes and a missle computer. etc.

Thank you for your time

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That's a really good idea. An alternative would be to put all four weapon computers in one slot, and all four weapon module types in one slot.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    That's a really good idea. An alternative would be to put all four weapon computers in one slot, and all four weapon module types in one slot.
    It would be more intuitive and less error-prone to match up the computer with the module in the same slot. However, if I had my way, I would have a single computer block that can be used for any system, in which case, I would agree with the alternative multislot idea of placing all weapon modules into the same multislot. And having all 8 colors of control computer (any color could control any system; there would be multiple colors to accommodate any color scheme) in their own multislot. Same for lights and light bars. Each light shouldn't have its own slot.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would like to see this by default, yes.

In the mean time, you can actually change the block configs to make anything you want stack with anything else you want. If you're playing on a server, ask an admin if they can change it so that computers stack with their modules. I also like making it so that light rods stack with the same color of light block, and so that the various guns stack with each other as well.

Reaction score
    How do you do this? I've implemented stacks of most everything else, but I don't know how to do this.
    If I had to guess I'd say by adding
    Code:
    <InventoryGroup>unique_new_group_name_here</InventoryGroup>
    to the blocks' definitions in BlockConfig.xml

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    If I had to guess I'd say by adding
    Code:
    <InventoryGroup>unique_new_group_name_here</InventoryGroup>
    to the blocks' definitions in BlockConfig.xml
    I've done that for the blocks. What I want to know is if Edymnion did the guns, how he did that.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I've done that for the blocks. What I want to know is if Edymnion did the guns, how he did that.
    I haven't personally done it myself yet. I don't play single player, and don't have admin access to the server I'm on.

Reaction score
    Code:
    [...]
    <Block icon="4" name="Cannon Computer" textureId="373, 304, 371, 377, 305, 305" type="WEAPON_CONTROLLER_ID">
    <InventoryGroup>valck_cannon_group</InventoryGroup>
    [...]
    <Block icon="5" name="Cannon Barrel" textureId="378, 379, 380, 380, 379, 379" type="WEAPON_ID">
    <InventoryGroup>valck_cannon_group</InventoryGroup>
    [...]