Computer freezes when starting Starmade

Koloss_Meshuggah

Resident Wall Flower
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi, I have a serious problem. When I try to start up Starmade and get to the loading screen, the whole computer freezes. I even have to hold the power button to shut off the computer.

I tried this about six times now. The first time I got into the game and loaded a ship, then the game auto-saved and froze up. After that I only got to the loading screen before it froze.

I'm suspecting it has to do with Windows 10, it's a long story. I went to Windows Defender and added "steam" "starmade" and "java" to the exceptions list. My Java version is also up to date. Here's my specs:

Processor: AMD A4-1250 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.00GHz
    RAM: 6.00 GB
    System: Windows 10 64-bit

And here's a crash report:
    The forum won't let me post the report.....help

Hope someone can help, thanx

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Did starmade work on the same system previously?

If yes, what have you changed since then?

Support : StarMade Support might be better for this particular problem. Click on the new support ticket button should get you started.

Koloss_Meshuggah

Resident Wall Flower
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, StarMade worked fine while Windows 8.1 was installed. I upgraded to Windows 10, and then StarMade and another game started stuttering to the point I couldn't play. I attempted to upgrade my graphics card driver, then something went wrong and my computer wouldn't boot up anymore. I had it repaired at a store, and at that point I found Starmade freezes the computer when I start it.

I think you would need a crash report in this case, but the forum won't let me post it because it's too long. I'll go start a support ticket in the other place.