Computer Connection Logic

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is a pretty simple idea, but I think it would make a big difference. I was originally thinking you could make this a new block, but if you didn't want to add a new block you could also add this functionality to something existing like the activation module, but for this post let's just say we're making a new block and call it the "Connection Module" (for lack of a better title?).

So basically this block resides mid-connection between two blocks (such as a computer and its module) and upon activation/deactivation it connects/disconnects the two blocks. This would allow you to use logic blocks to connect things. Here are a couple of the things that you could do with a block like this:

- There is a single warp gate loop and a room full of computers all with different destinations programmed into them. Each one has a connection block that when pressed connects it as the active warp gate computer. Allowing one gate to have multiple destinations.

- A Connection block between a weapon effect computer and its master weapon computer would allow you to change your weapon loadout in real time by connecting/disconnecting effects.

- Change logic paths in real time by connecting/disconnecting parts of the path. For example: Creating an override by disconnecting a certain sensor from its logic system. Maybe you could even use a NOT connected to the connection block to replace the sensor with a different block somewhere such as a button on the bridge of your ship.

There are probably tons of other things that you could do with this too. It's just something that I've always felt like we should be able to do.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    This is a neat idea. I'm not sure if quick weapon reconfiguration is a good thing for combat, but it's cool, nonetheless.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Imagine what can be done with a factory/storage setup. Definitely has potential.