Computer Blocks as mini Computers

Reaction score
    I would like to recommend some changes to ether existing display computers or the creation of a new computer block.

Current behavior of the computer block is that of a purely decorative block. If you reuse the existing blocks this behavior need not change unless they are edited by the player.

Logic blocks like and, or, not and others each take up half the space used by a character. Trying to do anything complicated with them takes up an absurd amount of space. I would like to be able to use the computer blocks as basically mini computers.

I want to be able to enter the computer like I would a core and be able to build an array inside the computer block. The computer blocks would be chain-able the way logic blocks are now so it would not need to be a large space, a single 4x6 wall for instance should probably be fine though some actual programmers might disagree, you pick. Inside the computer space I want to be able to use the standard logic blocks and, or, not flip-flop, delay, button and activation to build a logic array on that wall. The wall should come with four internal preplaced modules that need not exist outside. Input, output, Power and ground. The functions of input and output should be obvious. You would not be able to slave power or ground. The primary use of both power and ground would be for use with and and or gates but whatever floats your boat.

As for the other blocks such as the Area trigger block, wireless block and remote block I think those should stay external but I am open to other opinions.

If you create a new computer block for this I would recommend making the blocks nameable and adding a small line on the bottom front of the block that would display that name. This would make using them in chains much simpler. The names should NOT need to be unique.

Even better would be if the completed blocks or better yet named completed blocks were savable as blueprints like ships are. That way they could not only be reused but traded with other players.

I believe this would allow logic arrays to use far less space and be more useful.