Complex electricity

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I mean som ething like in tekkit.
    Building bases, farms etc would also be cool.

More electricity generators like solar generators, geothermal generators, fuel based generators would be awesome. Also some cables system maybe so You would be able to cut off some systems if electric generators would be damaged.

Attachments

Reaction score
    That would be fun for me personally, but some idiot is going to whinge about it.

I'd like it to work kinda like a 3d factorio. Seems silly to have infinite fuel just everywhere.

Now here comes about 300 people all clamouring that it'd be 'boring' looking for fuel...

Reactions: Cybertooth

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I would like something like the tekkit engines to power ships, but could you imagine the refitting? Oh god.

Reaction score
    Seems cool. I also thought that energy is just too easy to obtain. Even resources are easy to find by the way.

Also, I just began playing but I can see that singleplayer mode is a bit underconsidered, seeing how most of the stuff present ingame is multi-oriented. That's totally fine to be like that, but I think it would be fair to have some more singleplayer features included as you said in the first post.

I think anyway that since the game is in early development we can expect it to get better with more complex stuff.

Reaction score
    Seems cool. I also thought that energy is just too easy to obtain. Even resources are easy to find by the way.

Also, I just began playing but I can see that singleplayer mode is a bit underconsidered, seeing how most of the stuff present ingame is multi-oriented. That's totally fine to be like that, but I think it would be fair to have some more singleplayer features included as you said in the first post.

I think anyway that since the game is in early development we can expect it to get better with more complex stuff.
    Yeah, I always thought the game ha a strong multiplayer focus, I think singleplayer stuff comes out later.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Is it bad if I never thought of both fuel and powercells in the same sense?
    I always thought fuel would end up as a mandatory onboard idea, but reading this I remembered that fuel makes power, which leads to batteries over docked reactors and recharge stations.

Might make gates a tad expensive to maintain, but I am all for adding new forms of infrastructure to the game. Would work in single and multiplayer, can't have a big fleet if you can't manage proper defense (what makes the big factions big afterall?)

In short, /support

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I mean som ething like in tekkit.
    Building bases, farms etc would also be cool.

More electricity generators like solar generators, geothermal generators, fuel based generators would be awesome. Also some cables system maybe so You would be able to cut off some systems if electric generators would be damaged.
    i agree so much and wish ship's power setups could be more diverse and complicated. and not simply infinite.

big ships/stations/shops could have big multiblock reactors that can only be on big ships (because they need to be big multiblock structures as seen in the image below) and are very sustainable - since you would only need to supply it with hydrogen or some other chemical substance that could be stored in storages , while small ships will have to have tiny batteries since they will be too small to possess these big multiblock structures and these batteries need to be refuled at the carrier with the fusion reactor.. for example :)

however there will always be the big mob of people exploding with rage about how their ships will be ruined and how it is too overly complicated for them.

Last edited:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Generally speaking, most players who dislike fuel simply don't want the existing reactor blocks changed. On the other hand, most of them should be fine with a new reactor block that uses fuel to generate slightly more power per block. Then fuel usage becomes a choice of the builder, and those who don't want to use fuel aren't forced to use it.

Reaction score
    Do like complex reactor designing, don't like fuel or power cables. I think there should be more to the design than an exact multi-block structure to make, though.
    Really I only see fuel as being a small annoyance, or a big annoyance. It's risky to bring out a titan anyway, so I don't think fuel is really great for default multiplayer-focused gameplay. For harder singleplayer/multiplayer, sure.