Compatible skins

Reaction score
    Today I was trying to convert my Minecraft skin over to Starmade using paint.NET, unfortunatley this didn't look good. I was hoping you could use the Minecraft layout for the skins, it would make everyone's life so much better. And it would be cool if you had something like MCskinedit which tells you the parts and gives tools to help you make your skin.

P.S if there is a way i can show you the picture please tell me how

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This doesn\'t work because we don\'t use minecraft player models. It\'s impossible. The pixels are arranged differently because the player body is shaped completely different. Sorry to let you down.

Reaction score
    Then just re-shape the body, the body shape is REALLY weird in this game, even if minecraft didn\'t exist this body is weird...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2

Then just re-shape the body, the body shape is REALLY weird in this game, even if minecraft didn\'t exist this body is weird...

This is not a problem with the game. There is a problem with your attempt to use incompatible skins. StarMade cannot use Minecraft skins because its player model is shaped differently; As to my best knowledge as a tester, this incompatibility is not going to change.

What you are essentially asking for here is the same as asking for a Betamax tape drive to accomodate VHS Casettes. No matter how brilliant the hardware technician may be, that is a scenario that cannot be solved to accomodate both tape formats.

Minecraft skin files are designed for Minecraft, not StarMade. StarMade skin files are designed for StarMade, not Minecraft. Since they are both designed to work on differently-shaped player models, neither can work on the other in their native pixel arrangements for faces.

However, you\'re in luck: it\'s possible to go into Paint.net or even MS Paint and reconfigure your minecraft skin to StarMade standards. You said you had attempted to do this already but that it didn\'t work; Rest assured you are simply doing it wrong.

Simply moving around the parts of your MC skins and doing cut/paste is a very poor method of getting your skin to work and it will look bad in the end. You will have to change the pixel arrangement and dimensions completely if you want it to look the same on the skin textures as it does on Minecraft. Study the default StarMade skin and download some other custom StarMade skins for study as well. Figure out what goes where, and decide how to change the sizes and such of your Minecraft skin textures for each face to match properly. You will have to redo some things for sure, but it\'s not that bad once you understand it.

Simply redoing your skin is probably the best option.

Hope this helps :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    To show us the picture of your skin easily, go to http://tinypic.com/ and upload the picture. Then to attach it to your post, hit the button on the post toolbar that has the little black mountain with the sun above it (in-between the button that looks like a calendar and the button that looks like a T with a line under it), and in the URL box that the button brings up, copy/paste the text from tinypic.com for your image where it says \"Direct link for layouts\" and put it into there.

If you do all of this correctly, we\'ll all be able to see the problem and help fix it :)

Reaction score
    My skin doesn\'t seem to be working. Could you take a look at it please. I used a template, but when i put it into starmade, it came out strange. Help! Sorry, its quite big

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Starmade is not Minecraft, and they have no connection beyond being made of 3D cube voxels (aka uniform blocks of materials with different features arranged by a program into recogniseable shapes, like a tree or a planetary disk) and having earth-like terrain in some parts of it. This needs to be reiterated to everyone new who comes here, it seems.