Bug Community content that has been updated still offers first uploaded file

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have encountered this bug on my most popular uploaded content, the Archer-class missile frigate. Despite having posted more than 7 updates since its first release, at some point the site reverted the uploaded file to the original release, and offers only that old file for download, despite my attempts to update it. Please everyone check your updates to your content and if you encounter the same problem, post here in a comment.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Just make sure you change the version string so that it's not the same. Happened to my stealth cruiser.

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The version string can only be edited if I edit the main content page and it has been changed with every update so far, yet the download is still at the original file - for a while it has been the updated, until I received a message from a downloader that it reverted to the old one.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    The version string can only be edited if I edit the main content page and it has been changed with every update so far, yet the download is still at the original file - for a while it has been the updated, until I received a message from a downloader that it reverted to the old one.
    I've taken a look at Archer Class Missile Frigate file, only one version has been listed in the version list "Gen4 Mk14".

For the download file to update, you must change the version string on update.

The version must be anything but "Gen4 Mk14"

Matt_Bradock

The Shrink
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    DukeofRealms I cannot edit the string on a resource update, only by editing the main content.

Edit: nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Last edited: