Community Added and Edited "Change Log"

Reaction score
    Community Contributed and Moderated Change Log
    I DreadShimmra fully intend to donated my time and effort to hopefully getting the community "on the same page" as it were. Please read the list below for any questions, and feel free to post/message me about any possible questions/mis-understandings.
    1. Please try to submit any changes that you notice after updates.
    2. Please do list what update version any potential changes have been noticed under
    3. Any changes that can be confirmed by at least 3 people, I personally will add to this list.
    4. Any outdated/outmoded/proven wrong/proven to be a bug entries to this log will hopefully be removed.
    5. Video/pictures/raw numbers and any math done are appreciated, but not really necessary, and will be added and credited accordingly
    6. This post will be checked daily for any new material, and will hopefully be updated accordingly.
    Ideally any post would follow a specific format, outlined below. Changes to the format are open to suggestion.

Version # 0.11122233444
    Change Type:

1. Core Mechanic(Thrust, Power systems,Weapon systems)
    2. Graphics (GUI changes, GUI glitches, Render issues, etc.
    Issue type:

First noticed on: (what date)

Single player or Multiplayer:

Issue and Evidence:
    This Section Reserved for changes
    Version 0.189997

Submitted by Gristle
    Noticed in .189997
    Config option to draw network statistics in HUD. F12 key shows details panel for network history.

Last edited:

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    Stay on topic with your posts, please. Anything else can be a forum PM to the other party and discuss your issues there.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Version 0.189996
    1. Type of change: Core mechanics (Thrust)
    Change Type: Thrusters are now using more power than last update, and the GUI and structure panel are reporting erroneous numbers
    First noticed on 2015-03-06
    First noticed on Multiplayer
    The issue is as listed under change type, Imgur link to the relevant issue Pictures are HERE
    Thrust is fine. The gui reports the "unit calc mult". You have to multiply this with 1000/30. Starmade does have some serious rounding though.
    that "damage" should be removed though, but we already have an issue about incorrect GUI numbers.

Double checked numbers in game and power use is the same as before so no idea how you are suddenly using more power on thrust compared to last update.

Reaction score
    Thrust is fine. The gui reports the "unit calc mult". You have to multiply this with 1000/30. Starmade does have some serious rounding though.
    that "damage" should be removed though, but we already have an issue about incorrect GUI numbers.

Double checked numbers in game and power use is the same as before so no idea how you are suddenly using more power on thrust compared to last update.
    Hmm. I will get back to my guys on that. They are all saying it is using more power now, and backdating and checking the configs proves it is not. We have ships 3 versions old now that are no longer stable under full thrust so something somewhere has changed it seems, just not in the thrust.

Thanks for the effort put forward though, I appreciate it

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Hmm. I will get back to my guys on that. They are all saying it is using more power now, and backdating and checking the configs proves it is not. We have ships 3 versions old now that are no longer stable under full thrust so something somewhere has changed it seems, just not in the thrust.

Thanks for the effort put forward though, I appreciate it
    Well thrust DID change a (long) time ago, but certainly not in the last 2-3 months.

Reaction score
    Noticed in .189997

Config option to draw network statistics in HUD. F12 key shows details panel for network history.
    Thank you for your effort! Edited the main post to include this.

Checked, and confirmed. It is in the General tab of the options menu for anyone interested. the F12 menu is dead useful as well, as it makes it easier to see if it is a server, or a client having issues.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Community Bug Report -- Starmade .189997: Slanted Circles in Build Helper
    When using large-radius circles rotated to be horizontal in the build helper, the circle, although set to 90 degrees, is at a slight angle instead (about 90.5 degrees), resulting in one side of the circle being lower than the other.
    Documentation

Reactions: DreadShimmra

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Community Bug Report -- Starmade .189997: Slanted Circles in Build Helper
    When using large-radius circles rotated to be horizontal in the build helper, the circle, although set to 90 degrees, is at a slight angle instead (about 90.5 degrees), resulting in one side of the circle being lower than the other.
    Has been reported: http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/1127
    I quote from my test I did back then.
    You could use the slider to get to 87 and then use the arrow buttons to get to 90. -> rotation incorrect
    Use arrow buttons and then use the slider to put it on 90. -> rotation correct
    Only use arrow buttons. -> rotation correct.
    Only use slider. -> rotation correct

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Noticed tonight in the Catalog -> Admin tab there are some new options for admin bulk spawning and cleanup.