Commander Shepard (BroShep v.2)

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    Commander Shepard is the protagonist of the Mass Effect Series (Games 1-3). The Mass Effect games are some of my favorite despite the ending of the third game. Knowing this community is interested in Sci fi, I figured I would make a Commander Shepard skin(s) to share my love of the series! So whether you want to play Paragon or Renegade you can play it in style at Commander Shepard.

*Update* FemShep is here! With the release of this FemShep skin I am also releasing an update for BroShep, due to finding the elbows in the wrong place while working on the FemShep version. (So both are changed to be correct.) The helmet I also altered slightly in this process, many of these changes aren't highly noticeable, but it matters to me! The back emission is unchanged.
    ~ Enjoy!

- How to make this skin your own -
    (Download here, or in Community Content under the skins category!)

Download the 4 files you need here for (Male) Shepard:
    Skin texture: http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/Commander Shepard/BroshepSkinv2.png
    Skin Emission: http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/Commander Shepard/BroShepSkin_em.png
    Helm Texture: http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/Commander Shepard/BroShepHelm.png
    Helm Emission: http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/Commander Shepard/BroShepHelm_em.png

- Step by step for beginners -
    1. Click on the StarMade launcher, and then "Start Game", the Connection Setup launcher will appear.
    2. Find "Modding" on the menu bar on the top of the Connection Setup window, click that and a drop down menu will appear. Click "Create Custom Skin".
    3. A new window will pop up with four blanks for each of the four skin files. Browse your files and enter in the correct file for each blank space as labeled. (I have provided the files above in the correct order) Click "Ok" and now play the game as normal. The server (single/multiplayer) will apply your skin to your character as you enter the game.

Now you can play as Commander Shepard!

Sidenote: While the emission textures are esentially the same for both male and female versions, I labeled them differently - each with similar labels to the versions they go with- to hopefully make things less confusing. All skin emissions files (files that make the skin glow) have "_em" near the end of the name. Hope it helps!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    That looks awesome, well done! I look forward to FemShep & Thank you very much for providing the guide.

Since I'm as artistic as roadkill, how much are personal requests? :D

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    That looks awesome, well done! I look forward to FemShep & Thank you very much for providing the guide.

Since I'm as artistic as roadkill, how much are personal requests? :D
    Thank you, I'm glad you like it! :D

~ps. Check your 'conversations'

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    i like it but could you make him too in his civil suit? ignore the girl just the suit of shepard

Reaction score
    i like it but could you make him too in his civil suit? ignore the girl just the suit of shepard
    Eww, Jack? I mean she's kinda interesting and she's a lot better in the third game, but... there are so many better characters to romance. (Personally, Tali for life. <3 )

But judging on that image, I assume you mean the military/admiral outfit?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Eww, Jack? I mean she's kinda interesting and she's a lot better in the third game, but... there are so many better characters to romance. (Personally, Tali for life. <3 )

yes its that ^^ i could find it

Reaction score

Tali <3

Reaction score
    In the first game, pretty much the moment I saw her I thought, "Yeah, I'm romancing that one." When talking to her in engineering afterward, I was absolutely sold. No one else really charmed me like her. Then I found out you couldn't romance her in the first game and was like "WHAT?!"
    So I romanced Liara, who is still pretty awesome. Then I felt really bad leaving Liara to be with Tali in the second game... is it weird that I actually had difficulty being unfaithful to Liara? I guess that's good writing for you. That and I'm a sucker for monogamy and faithfulness. Didn't regret it, though. Liara and I remained friends and Tali is absolutely amazing.

Seriously though, only Tali and Garrus stick with you your entire journey like true, reliable and dedicated friends. And, if I'm playing male I romance Tali, if I'm playing female I romance Garrus, and if for any reason I don't romance either, they romance each other. Best characters in the game and I approve of all three outcomes. But generally, Tali is my girl and Garrus is my right hand man: my Shepard's best friend and the only person I truly trust. (Besides Tali)

Ahh, Mass Effect. An absolutely amazing series of games. The main Mass Effect trilogy is a work of art in game design, direction and development. I hope future games in the same universe can at least share some of the amazing charm, though I doubt they could ever top the original trilogy. A bit like how Portal 2 is very awesome, gorgeous and fun to play, but it just can't compare to the work of art that the original Portal is.

Speaking of Portal, a Chell skin might be pretty awesome, both her first game and second game outfits.

Reactions: AnnaShade017
    Reaction score
    In the first game, pretty much the moment I saw her I thought, "Yeah, I'm romancing that one." When talking to her in engineering afterward, I was absolutely sold. No one else really charmed me like her. Then I found out you couldn't romance her in the first game and was like "WHAT?!"
    So I romanced Liara, who is still pretty awesome. Then I felt really bad leaving Liara to be with Tali in the second game... is it weird that I actually had difficulty being unfaithful to Liara? I guess that's good writing for you. That and I'm a sucker for monogamy and faithfulness. Didn't regret it, though. Liara and I remained friends and Tali is absolutely amazing.

Seriously though, only Tali and Garrus stick with you your entire journey like true, reliable and dedicated friends. And, if I'm playing male I romance Tali, if I'm playing female I romance Garrus, and if for any reason I don't romance either, they romance each other. Best characters in the game and I approve of all three outcomes. But generally, Tali is my girl and Garrus is my right hand man: my Shepard's best friend and the only person I truly trust. (Besides Tali)

Ahh, Mass Effect. An absolutely amazing series of games. The main Mass Effect trilogy is a work of art in game design, direction and development. I hope future games in the same universe can at least share some of the amazing charm, though I doubt they could ever top the original trilogy. A bit like how Portal 2 is very awesome, gorgeous and fun to play, but it just can't compare to the work of art that the original Portal is.

Speaking of Portal, a Chell skin might be pretty awesome, both her first game and second game outfits.
    I almost died in the third, because that giant walky thingy on Mars killed her and I was qq :(

Reaction score
    I almost died in the third, because that giant walky thingy on Mars killed her and I was qq :(
    Clearly you weren't planning ahead enough! (Though it kinda requires looking up tips on how to get the best results, which removes part of the point of the game (dealing with the consequences of your decisions) and involves spoilers. But I care about the characters so much I'm willing to accept that. That's an accomplishment for game story and character development by itself.
    I punched Admiral Han'Gerrel in the gut after he fired on the Geth ship with us still on it and told him to get the hell off my ship. One of the most satisfying moments in the game. Pistol whipping the dude in Project Overlord is pretty satisfying as well.

In my game, I got both the Geth and the Quarians to be at peace, working together rebuilding Rannoch as allies rather than enemies and both providing their massive fleets against the Reapers. Because I love the Geth, and I love Tali. Also, the Quarian Migrant Fleet - while they kept doing things that were basically asking to get completely obliterated - were only suffering because they were still under martial law. I refused to believe the Quarians were as bad as their Admirals made them look.

Also, I know a lot of people aren't happy about how Tali's "photo" that appears on your nightstand if you romance her is just an edited stock photo. While I admit it's a little disappointing, I didn't mind too much. Seeing a beautiful face to put behind the mask, and a general idea of how Quarians really look, was satisfying.