Commander Shepard (Broshep) Skin *Updated for 0.14*

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    "My name is Commander Shepard and this is my favorite skin on the Citadel."

This is a project I've been working on for a couple weeks. This was the first time I ventured into the realm of 2-d pixel art, and while I have worked and completed another skin or two before finishing this one, this one is something that took more effort, and I'm glad to finally share it with everyone! I know there are other Mass Effect fans on here, so you can share in my joy! I based this skin off of Shepard's Mass Effect 2 armor because it is my favorite N7 armor from the three games and I felt it had the most variation in textures and colors, thus making it a more interesting model to base the skin off of. So whether you choose to play paragon or renegade, you'll have the right look to dominate or save the galaxy!

Images you will need:

Player Skin: http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/BroShepSkin.png

Player Skin Emissions: http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/BroShepSkin_em.png

Player Helm: http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/BroShepHelm.png

Player Helm Emissions: http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab191/Annamari17/BroShepHelm_em.png

How to use this skin:

1. Click on the StarMade launcher, once it comes up, click "Start Game" in the lower left.
    2. The Connection Setup window will open, at the top of this window you will notice "Modding" on the toolbar.
    3. Click "Modding", a drop-down menu will appear and click "Create Custom Skin"
    4. A window will open with 4 blanks, each labeled. "Click Browse" on the first labeled "Main Skin Texture", you will need to find the "BroShepSkin.png" and click it to enter it into that first blank.
    5. Click the second "browse" for Main Skin Emission Texture. Find the "BroShepSkin_em.png" and put that in. ( _em = emission, the image that shows where the lights will be!)
    6. (Now that you know how this works..) For the Helmet Skin Texture, put in the "BroShepHelm.png"
    7. For the Helmet Skin Emission Texture, go get the "BroshepHelm_em.png"
    8. Click OK! A Window will pop up, put where you want to save your skin, and what you want to name it. When you're done, click "Save As", then "Ok!" to save your skin.

Now you can play StarMade as Commander Shepard!

Reaction score
    Do i have to send the collectors to kill him AGAIN?

Jokes, Nice skin.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    hmm it might be another lazerus project from Cerberus

Reaction score
    Haha! This is definitely the most awesome skin for the model I have seen so far! (Though maybe I just need to see more skins.) I guess I\'m kind of biased, though, since I absolutely love Mass Effect. This thread needs more Garrus. Or Tali.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    I was planning to. Though I haven\'t begun it yet. Honestly I would have done Femshep first, but it was my first time making a skin, the model is male, and I didn\'t want to be in over my head. The skin above took me a couple weeks, so I can\'t tell you how soon I\'ll get around to putting out Femshep, but you CAN expect it in the future as soon as I\'m able!

Edit: I also made the differentiation as the above skin as broshep, so that I could name the files separately in order not to confuse myself or others.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    wheres the blue version im not sure why but i like the blue colo better is there something i did wrong?