Come share your turrets!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'm interested to see what great turret designs you guys have, and I'm sure you all have ones you're looking to show off! Here's a place to do that.

Just so you know, I'm not asking this to steal ideas. I'm genuinely interested.

Anyway, I'll start off with my currently unnamed WIP turret:

I'll update the pic when finished.

Now, show us what you have built yourself!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    The mighty Combine never spurns an opportunity to display its superior technology. Behold, the mighty array of our own standardized modular turrets!

The Razorback! The humblest of Combine point defense systems is good for little more than adding visual interest to the hulls of our ships.

The Shredder CIWS. The Shredder is as simple as it is deadly. By refracting a powerful gas laser through an array of prisms, the Shredder projects a dense beam of coherent light which can cut through shields and armor with equal ease. The tradeoff for this massive damage is, of course, range.

The Peacemaker Medium Assault Turret is a mainstay of Combine fleet craft. Utilizing the latest in nanomunitions, railgun and plasma technologies, the Peacemaker hurls swarms of weaponised nanites through a plasma field, thereby supercharging their hulls and allowing them to overload shield systems on contact, before setting to work devouring the hull beneath.

The Widowmaker Medium Sniper Turret is a specialty turret developed as part of Project Hunter. Designed for long range combat, the Widowmaker eschews complex systems in favor of the simple effectiveness of a large gas laser. With effective ranges in excess of 700m, the only downfall of the Widowmaker is its atrocious damage output, which due to the crippling heat generated cannot be safely increased.

That\'s it for the production designs. We have a few more in the works, namely our Heavy series of turrets, to be released with Project Hunter. However, because we know you\'re hungry for more, we\'ll leave this teaser image featuring upgraded versions of three of our turrets, the Peacemaker, Shredder, and Razorback.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    They look great, and by the sounds of it they\'re effective. They go well with your ship design also, which makes them that much better.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    My Current large turret lineup utilizes these 3 turrets:

The Orchid:

This is the current heavy duty turret of choice. packing long range multi-shot capabilities, this turret tracks and begins firing before visual contact is even made. Utilizing ultracapacitor technology, this turret is capable of supporting 6 full length pulse rails that run the full length of the turret in quick bursts.

The Rosebud:

This turret is the second type of turret large commonly used on our ships. It also packs a multi-shot range feature, and does not sacrifice too much range for its fire spread.

The Rosebud XTD:

This is a higher powered variant of the Rosebud. It posesses enhanced range, damage, with minimal increase in size while retaining the same shielding and power-regeneration properties. The extra power comes from the extended length rails along its 5-output cannon

Reaction score
    Lg DS7 Turbocannon.

Firing ridiculous fast, it eats 8.5 hardened hulls per second outside of 700 meters.

Reaction score
    I built this quite a while ago but I really like the upright design. I was previously used as my main planetary defense. When I get around to it I want to build a much bigger version of it to plop right in the middle of a planet.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    These are great. Makes my wee peashooter look like... Well, a peashooter! Honestly though, you guys have great turret designs!