Coloured Missile Trails

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I guess the title says it all. IMO coloured missile trails look much cooler and would be a nice effect to the existing coloured projectiles.

On the technical site this would be done by adding one or two line, I guess. I mean its the same like the projectile colour, just with another texture.

Edit:
    I was thinking about the balance of the projectile and the trail and came up with another idea: coloured trails only:

What do you guys think 'bout it? :)

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Maybe the trail color would be slightly lighter then the missile "glow"? That way there could be a little contrast.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It could be more difficult to code if the missile trail is a texture inside /data/image-resources/....png (but I dunno)

I would like ships to also leave a trail. My dis-integrator torpedoes would like that.
    Let's play Neon-Snake, ...! :)

Beams also need more colour. They are mostly white (cannons are fine).

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The actual missile projectile is just a texture. I think its /data/image-resources/starSprite.png (or sunSprite.png, they are the same)
    Mariux : Yeah, the trail slighty lighter than the missile itself would be a nice touch!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Would be a nice touch!

off topic:
    what game is that?

Reaction score
    I agree with the OP on more visual *pop* but I also happily remind everyone that a particle system/editor (editable in SP or by admins in MP) is mostly already implemented, lacking only a few final peices to be turned on. We haven't forgotten about making the new weapons look sweet, so feature confirmed and underway!

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I agree with the OP on more visual *pop* but I also happily remind everyone that a particle system/editor (editable in SP or by admins in MP) is mostly already implemented, lacking only a few final peices to be turned on. We haven't forgotten about making the new weapons look sweet, so feature confirmed and underway!
    I bestow apon thee the Norris Thumb!