Colored Doors

Reaction score
    The name says it all, add colored doors! And I know it has been suggested a lot, I just wanted to bring it up again.

Last edited:

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    this has been suggested any times, and I still agree 100%.

At the moment, doors are ugly on anything but a black or grey ship, because they just stand out. Building white ships is hard with the current doors :(

Reaction score
    this has been suggested any times, and I still agree 100%.

At the moment, doors are ugly on anything but a black or grey ship, because they just stand out. Building white ships is hard with the current doors :(
    Yeah I know, but those threads are at the bottoms of the forums, I wanted to bring it back up.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would kind of like to have a master/slave system for doors, so you can add things like display blocks and hull pieces that combine to create a sign on top of the door, that can disappear when the door does. This would effectively make display blocks and hull blocks alternatives to the plexdoor option. (With that, you could create hidden doors that look similar to the surrounding wall!)

For instance, I can imagine a door to a medbay. You could make a sign on the door that labels it as such. Also, you might create a door made out of white and red plexdoor blocks in the shape of a medical cross.

Plus, since there are other uses for plexdoor, such as creating phantom elements, like landing gear and moving wings or propellers, multiple colors would add to our decoration options.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    idea paint, paint will solve the id and having to replace most of your hull because you don't like the colour

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I would kind of like to have a master/slave system for doors, so you can add things like display blocks and hull pieces that combine to create a sign on top of the door, that can disappear when the door does. This would effectively make display blocks and hull blocks alternatives to the plexdoor option. (With that, you could create hidden doors that look similar to the surrounding wall!)

For instance, I can imagine a door to a medbay. You could make a sign on the door that labels it as such. Also, you might create a door made out of white and red plexdoor blocks in the shape of a medical cross.

Plus, since there are other uses for plexdoor, such as creating phantom elements, like landing gear and moving wings or propellers, multiple colors would add to our decoration options.

This sounds great, a computer for doors, then connect the computer to other blocks to get the color. Like getting color for weapon computer

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    idea paint, paint will solve the id and having to replace most of your hull because you don't like the colour
    Adding paint to the game adds a byte to the memory taken up by a block. It would make the game much, much laggier.

I'd like to see colored plexdoors, and plexdoor wedges/corners/tetras/pentas, but it would take up a huge amount of IDs.

Maybe after they find a way to increase the item ID cap.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Maybe it is possible to assign each a ship a primary, secondary and tertiary color. Then it would just use 2 bits: default, primary, secondary, tertiary.

Since doors are blocks (max 6 orientations = 3 bit = 8 options while wedges take 6*5 = 30 orientations = 5 bit = 32 options) there are 2 bit free. They should be used for something at least (if not for sub-blocks, which would partially resolve ID issue, thus freeing IDs for these 2 bits).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Adding paint to the game adds a byte to the memory taken up by a block. It would make the game much, much laggier.

I'd like to see colored plexdoors, and plexdoor wedges/corners/tetras/pentas, but it would take up a huge amount of IDs.

Maybe after they find a way to increase the item ID cap.
    shamelesssss plug incoming! Solution for that. Anyway yes I would like colored doors, but slightly different from the main hull colors so that I can tell where the doors are.