Read by Schine Color Changing Smart Lights

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    A quick suggestion that came to fruition during my stream today (oh yeah, this is ToasterBorst).

A neutral light that can have its color changed via logic by way of an activation block being linked w/ a light emitting capsule and the color changing light block or rod. This would enable a logic system to change the color of lights and bring about a wondrous new age of glorious mood lit ships and stations.

Had to make it quick, still streaming. Looking forward to more input and feedback.

Thanks as always,
    Weishaupt / Borst / ToasterBorst @ twitch.tv

Raisinbat

Raging Troll
    Reaction score
    Wouldnt it be a lot simpler to let a logic block placed next to a light convert the light to another colour, same as rails work?

Reactions: CreativeBuilds

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Well it isn't like the block would store its own color from the sounds of it and a single block if we did it the rail way could only hold 6 colors, this way someone could have as many colors as they wanted. Although I guess if we had a binary core with logic of some kind to change the color it's need less IDs but would take up more space.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'm behind this 100%. Also this should apply to text on display blocks. Or better yet, use the same idea to toggle through options on display blocks, like how rails work now. But that's for a different thread.

Reactions: ToasterBorst