Colonization

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    When i go see a new world i think man if only i could send NPC'S to colonize it that would be amazing! cause the worlds rigt now are only good for selling all the blocks...

Reaction score
    If this colonization were to provide a purpose, like the npc city or colony would produce some blocks from the types available on that planet. You stop by every once in a while to check a plex container, and materials slowly stock up. This could only be activated if you put a faction module down on the planet, and it would have to be within range of the home base, or another colonized planet that is within range of your home base etc etc.

It would be even cooler if a colonized planet or system had a different coloured or labeled marker in the nav system, making them a potential target for enemy factions, forcing people to need to protect their colonies.

That\'s my contribution to this idea.

Reaction score
    The idea is very interesting, I do like the idea a lot.
    But I guess there are two different ways of realizing the colony idea, espacially about the workers. Are the workers brought to the planet by ship, or are they natives?
    A native population would be cool, for example a different species of Aliens depending on the kind of planet. Maybe there would be just a certain chance of spawning of native aliens on a planet. There could be trading features or simiular. Or with the colonization of the planet the player enslaves the native NPCs, making them his private workforce.

The alternative of bringing in NPCs as colonists is just as good, at least in my opinion, but where do they come from? It would be cool if they would be bought or rented or something in the shops, or maybe they can only be found at special places....

Either way, I like the idea of colonization a lot, it would add a whole new feature to the game making it very interesting to invest more time into planets.

SkyHawk024

Mandalorian ShipWright.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I could see this after being a smuggler by trade in star made I could see how colonies would be good you could have a home some where on a planet that you can use as a safe harbor per say, and it\'d also be good for my idea of landing gear and repulsor fields since it would give you a reason to use them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Especially if they added needed resources as well as blocks, like fuel or air. You could setup the colony to produce fuel in exchange for your protection or something.

Reaction score
    It would be a lot of work so I don´t know if schema is willing to do it.

It surely would be cool but I think some other things go first.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    it would be better if time went faster on the planets, like on that one episode of startreck voyager, where they got caught in the atmosphere of the planet and a week to them was hundreds of years to the colonials