Collision Damage

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Currently, collision damage is not effected by shields.

I think it should stay this way.

Collsion damage not being effected by shields makes it possible to build balistic torpedos carryable by bomber ships that can damage large ships. These torpedos are not very accurate or powerful, but they allow a group of coordinated fighters to do damage to a large ship. These ships are easily destroyed by turrets still, and cannot be used by large ships easily, due to the need for rapid acceleration and breaking.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m pretty sure there is no collision damage in the game right now, if there is, please direct me to it.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    They have collision damage.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    no they don\'t, it \'s a setting you can configure in the files

anyways, little dents all over my ship from little fuckers bumping into me sounds annoying, and I would happly play with out any sort of collision damage

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    For the masochists that want shields to not effect it, there should be a setting in server.cfg

But yeah, have fun when people in cloaked stickships spear through your ships constantly.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I\'ll be the one having fun stabbing people with knife ships because you fools will continue to build massive dreadnoughts despite updates making them vulnerable.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    im going to keep equipping all of my ships with collision bulkheads and blades to help with the whole collision thing. possibly a collision flak pack attached to all my fast-ish ships that can be undocked to fling several hunks of chaff/flak at enemies pursuing me.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    It puts a imaginary limit on when Larger ships should be used (i.e. I\'ve seen people use Battleships for a trip to the store). Also puts a little more empathesis on Planning (asteroid sectors) Piloting skills (dont be running into stuff).

Reaction score
    I hate the idea of collision damage personally, my medium ship has very complex hull geometry and what I feel is a lot of detail. If there were shipyards or a place to simply dock and click \"repair all\" so that missing blocks would be restored for a fee and perhaps an increasing wait time, it would be more practical. As it stands, I really hate having to spend forever trying to make the ship symmetrical again after firefights alone (unavoidable of course). Having it caused because some lemon bashed into me would be very frustrating.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    It would be good for so many reasons.