Collision damage shield bubble

Jh

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was thinking of a something that I think would be a good idea if collision damage is added (EDIT:sorry was not away it was. lets continue.)
    A new block called the shield generator: It produces a secondary shield in the form of a bubble around the ship making any physical object bounce off (e.g. boarding craft, planet surfaces and asteroids) It would show up in the weapons bar and could be activated/deactivated with a left click and could go into settings with a right click. In the settings tab it would show you how much power would be needed to maintain the shield and also a diagram of your ship with the bubble around it. You would be able to make the bubble bigger or smaller (changing the power needed) and also maybe by moving the shield on the diagram change where the strongest point of the shield is or maybe even make it only cover one point (so you could truly say "FULL POWER TO THE FRONTAL SHIELDS!). The more damaged the shield generator block is the less powerful the shield. Over a time of being knocked into the shield will collapse and it will need a recharge time to get back online.
    I think weapons should be able to harm it although not as much as blocks. Maybe cannons could damage (after 1-3 hits it goes down?) it missiles make a temporary hole in the shield (so maybe if you are in astronaut mode and trying to board you could get your rocket launcher, shoot it and hop into the hole before it fixes itself) and damage beam go through it (although it is then less powerful) allowing you to directly shoot the generator block to shut the shield down. Or maybe just allow weapons to go straight through it.
    Personally I think this would be pretty cool.
    Thank you.

Last edited: