Collision damage idea

TrickyNicky27

Blarg3437
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I know that the collision damage option is just a side project that schema is working on in his free time but while playing around with it I noticed that collisions ignore shields. I believe that when colliding with an object, instead of just damaging the blocks, it would damage the shields and then the blocks would take damage. Just a little suggestion. Also just another outcome of the collision damage, does debris cause collision damage? Because I was get a lot of damage for no reason in battle with collision damage on and it was ignoring shields so I assume it was collisions.
    anyways just a little suggestion.

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The whole point of collision damage is that you have to be careful in minefields, or just when flying in general. It isn't going to (and shouldn't) change.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I guess Dis-integrators collide multiple times before killing themselves causing massive damage - more if they dive into your hull due to a high inertia and physic glitches.
    They suck your shield like paper if you fly with 100+ speed into a few single ones with a 50*50*25 ship.

I am not sure if collisions should be blocked by shields, but there should definitively be a way to protect yourself without special-armour blocks.

Because I worry about it would limit non-stretched-cube designs too much else.