Collision Damage Exploiting Ships?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Just wondering since I know there are some servers with collision damage turned on and was wondering if anyone has ever made a ship to take advantage of this?

In my case I was thinking of a ship with a push clock of insane strengths and an overdrive effect at the same level in combination with some synchronized warheads to make them all go off in sync on collision. This would be the perfect ship killer if it worked.

In any event what have the rest of you cooked up and would this idea even work at all?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    Collisions can create insane lag. Even if the concept may be combat viable and even if some servers have collision damage activated, I 'strongly' advise you to not build a ship intended to collide. Likely those servers that have instituted collision damage have done so to create a 'dis'incentive to people to collide. Don't collide with things, because it will hurt. This is to avoid having people on those servers collide, not to permit you to build a ramming ship.

Of course if you want to do it in Single Player mode, by all means, have fun.

Reaction score
    it may make self-made torpedo more valuable.

about the single-player use, where can we change this kind of settings ? ( max speed/sector size/collision....)

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    In the server cfg file, use notepad to do this or some other plain text editor.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    My first experience with collision damage was soon after they added it. I turned it on, landed (carefully) on a planet, and took a bit of damage. Then I got out and watched my ship get deleted.....

I really hope they make it actually work on planets.