collectables

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It would be nice to add useless collectables

just something to be proud of, like i achieved that!
    make it that you can brag about it, so placeable trophy for something.
    maybe killing something (a dungeon boss for the future)
    or achieving something:
    destroy 1000 pirates
    place 10000 blocks
    build 100 ships
    etc.

Reactions: whooplaah
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    When I read this, I immediately thought of the Space Era at the end of Spore. Ever played it?

Basically the idea is that having collectibles - such as lost pieces of tech, trophies, rare fossiles, rare gems, war mementos, etc. - give a purpose to flying around and exploring. Sure this might be just some old planet like all the others you've visited before, but rumors (or quests or a scanner) indicate that a rare item can be found here.

In Spore they were merely trade items. If you complete a set then the value skyrockets - something that might add to player economy or faction wars. In a game like Starmade, though, it might be possible to make the rare items function as placeables. That's an artistic choice, though, as it could easily clash with the voxel/cube graphics.

I like the idea of a holo-projector table. Kind of like how Display Modules work - a cube that you place that creates a graphic on one side. What if this graphic was a miniaturized ship, or statue, or object? It would still look and feel voxel, and still feel space-themed even if you find a golden crown or giant diamond. It could be used as a decorative, would tie nicely into quest systems, and be something that faction members are proud of (and want to protect).

I talked about an achievement system here: http://starmadedock.net/threads/progressive-gameplay.6411/#post-91933

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    exactly you totaly get me!
    i've suggested or thought once about an event system having events like easter hallowheen sint-patricks day and so on.
    this would give a good market but yea space themed hallowheen items/blocks are hard to make up.

also with those special ores and items you maybe could upgrade your laser giving it more range or more damage or faster shooting (ending in shotgun minigun and so on(shotgun/minigun effects not the same weapon))

with the trophys you could think of minecraft some mods have many dungeons and bosses and when you kill the boss you get a mini boss to place down. this is one of the things i based my idea on.

also some ore could maybe upgrade modules like thrusters thinking of a better fuel.