??? Cockpits ???

Reaction score
    Sorry, I'm a new player with a noob question. I'm trying to make/build a cockpit for my ship but I can't seem to find it. I've looked with all three factories and even at the "vendor". I know it's gotta be somewhere obvious but I just can't find it. Any help.....

Reaction score
    Yeah you can sit down on a block but there isn't an actual cockpit for you to sit on.

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    essentially once you grapple to a ship, or are in it's gravity or sit on a block your view is locked to certain limits. you can use this to mimic different visibility situations depending on the craft's role. in the case of sitting you're locked to the 180 degrees from where you've sat your character. you're unable to move freely until you get back up. when you grapple to the ship (space bar outside of gravity) your view is now locked into alignment with the ship's fore-line until you move far away enough for the grapple to 'break'. if the ship has gravity and it's affecting you; your movement will be limited as it would on a planet. you can fall and you can jump as you walk. gravity would be best for a bridge, when you can sit at a consolish kinda uber chair if you make one for the character. you'd be able to move freely until you chose to take a seat. a cockpit would just be a space in a smaller ship usually accessed via cameras from the ship core. a few folks make a cockpit around the ship core but that leaves it exposed usually. utility craft typically don't care where the ship core ends up. there's often only one camera on such a ship because it's only meant to do it's one task then dock to a larger ship or installation. just grappling to a utility craft is enough to orient yourself and take control with relative ease. hang the sens of making it look good. when it only has to do one job making it look nice just makes it more expensive.