Coast Mode

Reaction score
    When you speed up a ship and exit the core, it normally slows down and stops after a while. I was thinking that there should be a "coast mode" that allows the ship to continue moving when nobody is in the ship core. It would make RP so much easier and would also be more realistic.

Reactions: Skwidz and JNC
    Reaction score
    There used to be an option to deactivate auto-dampening. I'd have to go looking into menus to see if it's still there. The issue is, if you leave the core and accidentally clip out of your ship, then it runs away and you can never get it back. Also it runs the risk of flying off into the fringes of the server and causing issues that way

Alternatively, you can put the ship in a fleet and then tell it where to go via fleet command and it will keep moving

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    That option only applies while in the core. Once out of the core, the ship slows regardless.
    Uh, nope. Literally doing this now. The ship will maintain a constant rate of speed. You can check this by looking at a display with a speed readout on it while in astronaut mode in a moving ship.

Reaction score
    That option only applies while in the core. Once out of the core, the ship slows regardless.
    Uh, nope. Literally doing this now. The ship will maintain a constant rate of speed. You can check this by looking at a display with a speed readout on it while in astronaut mode in a moving ship.
    This is kinda strange, but I believe you are both right. I've actually noticed both scenarios on undamped ships. I believe it has to do with whether an astro is aligned to it, but never tested enough to confirm, or possible a server config setting.

Reactions: kiddan and MacThule
    Reaction score
    I post about this annoying things, more for turning, but also for forwarding. If you switch to build mod with an unexpected mouse move or forward movement, build CTRL become annoying as ship constanstly move when your camera don't, and in trade window can move you out of trade range before finish to buy or sell something.
    that's appends too when you leave core, a such skip should be implemented for all lasts order passed 0.5 seconds before leave core/open windows/switch build menu.
    And may more : if neither players on gravity ship nor AI activated are on ship as jetski "security key".

JNC

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah idk, turn off dampening and it still slows down for me...

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I believe that Nosajimiki is correct and both happen. What remains to be learned is whether there is a setting somewhere responsible, or whether it is just inconsistent. Reading a value from an unknown variable or the like.

Reaction score
    I post about this annoying things, more for turning, but also for forwarding. If you switch to build mod with an unexpected mouse move or forward movement, build CTRL become annoying as ship constanstly move when your camera don't, and in trade window can move you out of trade range before finish to buy or sell something.
    that's appends too when you leave core, a such skip should be implemented for all lasts order passed 0.5 seconds before leave core/open windows/switch build menu.
    And may more : if neither players on gravity ship nor AI activated are on ship as jetski "security key".
    Also annoying is recoil, if you are in build mode when a cannon fires it sends you spinning off wildly because recoil doesn't dampen in build mode. So if you try to build mode spectate a weapon's test to watch a weapon penetrate something, it instead turns your ship sending your view way off target.

Reactions: MacThule