CO - Pilot

Reaction score
    Would it not be nice to have some form of a co-pilot to aid you in your adventures? I wanted a way to make ships feel more functional then just having the core being the control structure of a ship. What i suggest is create a new block called a Pilot or some other fancy name. What the pilot block does is allow you set the control center somewhere else on the ship and really bury / protect that core. The pilot block while be able to fly the ship and control weapon systems just as the core once did. When you place a(n) additional Pilot block you then gain the option to set one as the master and the other as a slave. The master will fly the ship and control whichever sub-systems you designate to it. The slave pilot can be entered by another human and control other sub-systems that you assign it and if the caption leaves is pilot block the co-pilot takes over flight controls. Maybe as an additional benefit when the co-pilot is not controled by a human or crew member you could have an auto-pilot function built in. Also the core will still be the center of the ship and will keep the navagation diamond on it but forfeit its ablity to control sub-systems.

The reason for this new block is to allow a ship use multiple sub-systems at once. Each pilot block can be assigned multiple weapon computers allowing a ship to maintain its main weapon fire while another pilot can use support weapons or another weapon system.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Somehow true.

But how much should you be able to get out of the same number of blocks with help of another person?

Titans are most effective with 2-3 persons. One on power drain beams (to refill your main ship power with reactors, one on weapons, one for maneuvering (keep target in center)

Once you have more, you should use more than one ship, because of lag and shield scaling.

Reaction score
    Try this scenario. You are piloting a massive ship and only have one other friend there to help you. While you are piloting the ship you are also using your power drain beams while your friend is using weapons. Now say your friend decides its time to use missles, instead of having him run over to the next weapons computer to use them give him the ability to also use the scroll wheel to select the next weapon system. Now you\'re probably going to say well why not let your friend use the power drain beams and you select weapons but thats not the point. the point is to give other crew member(s) the ability to use different weapons from one block.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I like the game more centered around interior. I don\' think about not just go out and into the second computer.

Instead I think: there should be no random teleportations to out of the ship or upper/lower floor if you switch your cpu during flight.

Big ships need a lot of time to fill up power (not bad for AMCs to be not used a little bit longer).

Why do not you control missiles and your friend AMCs? It would work. I know, it is not what you want, but... I like interior (don\'t like it to be mostly waste for one alone - no autopilot, etc).