CLOSED* CONTEST: Default Stations Submission

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    After seeing all the Station i am less willing to put one myself (damn you Skylordluke, Everything u make is a piece of art...)

I had such a hard time just to figure out how my shield regenerates like before ... approx 1/3 finished

ho and btw first post ever lol

Reaction score
    After seeing all the Station i am less willing to put one myself (damn you Skylordluke, Everything u make is a piece of art...)

I had such a hard time just to figure out how my shield regenerates like before ... approx 1/3 finished

ho and btw first post ever lol
    For a first post, this looks VERY promising! I do hope you are willing to submit it once you finish so we can all have a look :D

Reaction score
    For a first post, this looks VERY promising! I do hope you are willing to submit it once you finish so we can all have a look :D
    Sorry for asking, from today, at current for me the 30 of 7th, how long have I got left?

Reaction score
    4 weeks total from the start of the contest (up from the original 3 weeks from start) roughly, 2 weeks left
    Yuss! I can build something decent when I get back! :D
    I also have been following this greatly whilst I've been away, very interesting, serious competition here, can't wait to get started

Reactions: aceface
    Reaction score
    Finally after tons of travel that's made working on this a pain, my pirate submission for the contest:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/hijiscools-pirate-station-1-00-npc-station-contest-submission.939/
    For those of you who just want the imgur album, it doesn't quite do it justice, I'm not the best photographer, but here you go: http://imgur.com/a/pfIFx/embed

Now I'm going to work on an abandoned entry for the next couple weeks. Those of you who download it, tell me if the turrets on the side are too OP. They're the poor man's version of what is basically a covenant glassing beam I made designed for pirates, so they may need nerfing if this station is chosen.

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    Finally after tons of travel that's made working on this a pain, my pirate submission for the contest:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/hijiscools-pirate-station-1-00-npc-station-contest-submission.939/
    For those of you who just want the imgur album, it doesn't quite do it justice, I'm not the best photographer, but here you go: http://imgur.com/a/pfIFx/embed

Now I'm going to work on an abandoned entry for the next couple weeks. Those of you who download it, tell me if the turrets on the side are too OP. They're the poor man's version of what is basically a covenant glassing beam I made designed for pirates, so they may need nerfing if this station is chosen.
    I like the design of your gryo-station, but I think to do it justice, it needs more mass- as in, it's a bit spindly; give it asymmetric stuff on the inner section

Reaction score
    I like the design of your gryo-station, but I think to do it justice, it needs more mass- as in, it's a bit spindly; give it asymmetric stuff on the inner section
    Alrighty, thanks, I'll see what I can do about that once I'm done with my abandoned station, I need inspiration for what to fill it with, maybe some purple tentacles?

Reactions: WarmasterRaptor
    Reaction score
    Here is my entry for the default station contest.

This is my first post so hope it goes ok.

This is a trade guild station with 16 small turrets, 585 wide, 585 width and 330 height. I've tried not to make it over powered so it has some shields and power but not too much. There are 4 small docking pads and 3 levels.

http://starmadedock.net/content/trade-guild-station.944/

starmade-screenshot-0024.jpg starmade-screenshot-0026.jpg starmade-screenshot-0018.jpg starmade-screenshot-0019.jpg starmade-screenshot-0017.jpg starmade-screenshot-0028.jpg starmade-screenshot-0027.jpg

Last edited:

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Here is an overview of the exterior of my entry. I really only need to add some more details now and do interiors. Please leave some feed back if you have anything helpful to suggest!

holy crap. that thing looks like a nightmare. I love it.

Reaction score
    I am going to download every single station anyway! :D more variety for exploration!

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I am submitting my station for the Neutral station contest.

Introducing Project Benefaction

DOWNLOAD: http://starmadedock.net/content/benefaction-cryogenic-depot.936/

Honestly, I'm prouder of my write-up than of the actual station. I kept the station very small in scope to ensure I had an entry before the deadline. (Even with the extension, I might not have made it with a bigger, better station.)

I fell in love with the idea of a special set of stations near spawn or generated for beginning, exploring players as a gentle introduction to the game mechanics, so I implemented some subtle designs in this station to teach and inspire players to create contoured shapes, in contrast to a beginning player's first instinct to create a deathcube. I implemented a variety of block types to encourage scavengers to think beyond simple core-power-gun-engine designs and to use lighting liberally.

Signs are lighted universal pictographs, visible from a long ways off, to suggest medical care and repair supplies. The stunning lack of said supplies are explained in the write-up section titled "Fictional Current Situation".
    The bizarre docking "Dumbo Ear" 5x5 doors are bizarre on purpose. Feel free to read the write-up for the explanation under the section titled "Fictional Background".

The heart of the station shows beautiful "cryogenic storage" areas, visible through windows in the ceiling and floor of the central area. They probably could have been a lot more beautiful, but I need more practice with designing interiors, and wanted to wrap up the physical design before moving on to basic logic. The primary logic is a circuit driving the beacon lights on the top and bottom of the station, to signal spaceships from a distance. I admit I have much to learn about using logic blocks.

I'm completely open to suggested changes. This is more of a role-play station than as a useful base. I figure a lot of people who like it will demand the removal of the "Dumbo Ear" docking rings. I find that part of this station's backstory to be charming. Plus it provides a significant number of angled hulls to encourage contour building.

With its tight interior, this station would make a great haunted house story. Or maybe an innocent-looking Pirate-laid trap. Or maybe someone will get a bunch of these and actually fulfill the fictional creator's wishes and fill them with useful supplies for needy spaceship captains.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    Alrighty, thanks, I'll see what I can do about that once I'm done with my abandoned station, I need inspiration for what to fill it with, maybe some purple tentacles?
    I think you should try this- make some geometric shapes off the sides (cubes n stuff) and fill them in with detail; normally, giving the red interior with the meshy metal material in the corridors can look nice. Giving it tentacles may work, maybe try giving it fuel tanks and/or extending tubes out to platforms for docking?

Here is my entry for the default station contest.

This is my first post so hope it goes ok.

This is a trade guild station with 16 small turrets, 585 wide, 585 width and 330 height. I've tried not to make it over powered so it has some shields and power but not too much. There are 4 small docking pads and 3 levels.

http://starmadedock.net/content/trade-guild-station.944/

View attachment 3080 View attachment 3081 View attachment 3078 View attachment 3079View attachment 3082 View attachment 3084 View attachment 3083
    That is a very pretty looking exterior station, and a equally nice interior- my suggestion for the exterior is that, although it looks v high tech, maybe give it some more (idk what these are called) jutting out bits, like you see on ships with massive, plain surfaces or more "tech lines" black with lights in? My terminology is grand :D
    Here is an overview of the exterior of my entry. I really only need to add some more details now and do interiors. Please leave some feed back if you have anything helpful to suggest!

IDK if you have started the interior by now but I suggest looking at the romulan ship from new Star Trek, as it has an evil feel with those jagged shapes- I think it would be great for yours, I like how it's spread, makes me think of nasty looking forerunner stuff from halo 4

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Auw guys, stop posting such amazing entries! It's going to make me feel terrible when I have to salvage them in my newly generated universe in order to kick off :/ .
    In all seriousness though, lovely stations and designs. I'm now debating whether I should join in just a two week period, but I'm a tad bit busy.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Well, I am certainly having fun detailing this station.

Lower cargo loading area.

Lower hanger. Isanth friendly!

Storage tanks for scale.

Caution. Very hot!

Caution. So hot its blue!

Hopefully you guys dig this. One of my favorite parts. If it needs adjusting, let me know!

This is just a tease. The entire station is a bit bigger than what I showed here. Unless you saw it on my YouTube channel, then I have already spoiled you :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.