Cloaking nerf

G

GDPR 302420

If your so deternamed to keep OP cloaking without a nerf then how about this for a system that fixes this

name: anti-cloaking beam (i bet someone could think of a better name)

power requirement: 500 power per second of use

desc: fires a dispersed beam that reveals cloaked ships when the beam hits a cloaked ship, it will become visible (if using a cloaker) and targetable (if using a jammer)

how does that sound

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    dear sir the nerf of cloaking is already in effect, meaning that you cannot cloak large or very large ships. A cloaker will never excel a certain size, will never have much hull or shield and to deal enough damage sacrifice even more shield and hull. If you fly a decent size ship with good turret layout a cloaker is faster dead than you can imagine. A Stealther is limited by what it can cloak at maximum. A Titan is limited by how much you build on it. A Stealther will never exceed a certain damage potential, only the pilot can do something about the vehicles strengh.

Reaction score
    Groups of fighters could (with a decent reactor) fire this in bursts all over the place while flying around, showing up cloakers left, right and center. Also, a \'dispersed beam\' would make this even more unfair, as you wouldn\'t even need to accurately hit the cloaked ship. On top of that, cloak ships would be torn to pieces in seconds if they were hit by this, I mean, it\'s not like these are perma-cloak battleships we\'re talking about.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    How effective are power drain beams? I can only assume they are meant to be anti cloak/jam as the only ships that will have exposed power cores are stealth ships.