Cloaking - issues with large ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey guys,

I ran into a bug building a couple of time now in the last few days and after trial and error I made a bug report.

Basically the situation is 1 million e/s regen and a mass of 200 caused the jammer and cloaking to randomly switch off after 1 to 30 seconds of being on in a way acting like they just suddenly ran out of power when that should not be the case.

After massively increasing mass to just over 600 to get the power usage closer to the power generated this bug persists and appears to make large cloaking ships impossible to build.

Early stage of building with the energy regen and low mass:

http://rapidshare.com/files/1503561059/Cloakship_part_3.zip

Current state:

http://rapidshare.com/files/2618897032/Cloaking_ship_that_wont_cloak.zip

Reaction score
    yeah,

I was on windoom and another server a few minutes ago and i just can\'t stay cloak or jam for any peroid of time. Everything is fine, power mangment, it just drops out ramdomily when you get over 400 block it seems.

My current one @

Mass 44.8 (block 448)

46mx38m52m

power 20000/20000(76169.1/sec)

Thrust 61.1

Shields:7961.0/7961(505s/sec) Blocks 31, recovery.0.5

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Each block only clocks an area. If you have one block that covers more area than it takes more power: http://www.starmadewiki.com/wiki/0C_Cloaker

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    For example I have a perma stealth ship that works fine in my solo universe, but if I take it into a multiplayer server it randomly shuts off. And does so more often around large entities (i.e more lag).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The bug seems to be to me where adding more cloakers adds the load they put on power consumption, but doesn\'t increase effectiveness. I have an 8,000 mass ship that can cloak for roughly 4 seconds with a single cloaker, but when I add more, the duration lessens. (1mil e/s, 28mil power capacity). Same applies to jamming.

Reaction score
    AFAIK you only ever need one cloaker or jammer.

I also thought this \"bug\" was a placeholder feature for balancing stealth. If your ship is large and stealthed then you need to watch the hotbar constantly and turn your stealth/jammers back on every ten or twenty seconds or so. This means that an opponent will get at least a brief glimpse of your ship every once in a while, and promptly try to BBQ you.

Reaction score
    it can be somewhat stable and when it goes to i can even cloak or jam because it popping out so fast. Could be lag where the client is looking foe an update from the server and if it doesn\'t show up on time it defualt to a shut down. Seems to have become and issue since the last two or three loads.