Fixed Click to expand no longer expands?

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I've noticed expand is no longer functioning at all. What's up?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    It felt for me like an on-and-off problem, checking again now it does, indeed, seem that it just outright doesn't work now. Could it be related to the "more robust systems" we moved some stuff over to after the downtime?

Reaction score
    Is this still working as intended? I can't get longer quotes to expand, is it just me or did it break again?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Is this still working as intended? I can't get longer quotes to expand, is it just me or did it break again?
    It's not broken in currently supported themes. I suspect you are using the skin "StarMade Dock OLD" ?

Reaction score
    It's not broken in currently supported themes. I suspect you are using the skin "StarMade Dock OLD" ?
    That is correct, the "new" skin is too gadgety for my taste. I don't need a scroll thingy, or a message number indicator, when my desktop browser window already brings a scroll bar (that I can configure to be left-handed, as a bonus), and the message number is part of every post... that kind of stuff may(?) be nice if you're on mobile, but I find it distracting.
    The "new" skin also has working post preview which I have been sorely missing, too.

Does that mean it's nobug/wontfix?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    That is correct, the "new" skin is too gadgety for my taste. I don't need a scroll thingy, or a message number indicator, when my desktop browser window already brings a scroll bar (that I can configure to be left-handed, as a bonus), and the message number is part of every post... that kind of stuff may(?) be nice if you're on mobile, but I find it distracting.
    The "new" skin also has working post preview which I have been sorely missing, too.

Does that mean it's nobug/wontfix?
    The skin isn't supported. You can continue to use it, but it's on an old theme framework that no longer works.

Reaction score
    The skin isn't supported. You can continue to use it, but it's on an old theme framework that no longer works.
    Well, that's deplorable.
    Out of curiosity - why even offer it if it isn't compatible with the current framework, and supposedly will work even less as time goes by?
    Do you have plans to update it to the current framework eventually? As you might guess, I'd love to see a functional no-frills alternative to the "not-old" skin... all that newfangled bling just isn't my cup of tea ;)

PS.: No idea how much effort it would take, but simply not truncating quoted posts might restore at least part of its functionality?

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Well, that's deplorable.
    Out of curiosity - why even offer it if it isn't compatible with the current framework, and supposedly will work even less as time goes by?
    Do you have plans to update it to the current framework eventually? As you might guess, I'd love to see a functional no-frills alternative to the "not-old" skin... all that newfangled bling just isn't my cup of tea ;)
    It's still there as the new skin has only recently come out. We left it in case some features weren't working in the new skin; it's still available to provide feedback and allow people to have a phase out period.

We have no plans to update it, maintaining three skins is not practical. The visible feature differences are small anyway. We may adapt the list theme to a minimalist style, however, we don't plan to revisit this site's themes for a few weeks.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Well, that's deplorable.

PS.: No idea how much effort it would take, but simply not truncating quoted posts might restore at least part of its functionality?
    LIST is closest to old.

Reaction score
    LIST is closest to old.
    'Fixed' it via GreaseMonkey, thanks. Finally a good enough reason to wrap my head around it...

JavaScript:
    // ==UserScript==
    // @name  StarMade Dock "OLD" style
    // @namespace  SMD_OLDstyle
    // @include  https://starmadedock.net/*
    // @version  1
    // @grant  none
    // ==/UserScript==

var uixRemove = document.getElementById("uix_jumpToFixed");
    if(null != uixRemove){
      console.log("removing jumpToFixed: "+uixRemove);
      uixRemove.parentNode.removeChild(uixRemove);