Claim Block

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I would like a block that people can come along and set their personal claim on, the same way the faction module allows for a personal signature. Being resettable by those who have permissions to the whole structure.

The useful affect of the block would be give permissions to any blocks linked to it or next too it, to the person claiming the block. This would allow for actual crew quarters where one certain member of a faction can claim a room at home base with a personal locker, maybe even personal factories for example. Most certainly it would need for storage, and doors to link too it.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I haven't tested this but with update:
    StarMade V0.19549
    With the personal rank on the faction module. Can this be used to setup what you want.

Create faction station with docked modules for members. Each with storage and factories. Main station entity should have either the faction block set to highest rank of personal for station administrator. Set the rank on the faction module to the corresponding faction rank required to override the module. If the station has a personal administrator they will have to go around and reset all the docked faction blocks to the required rank. To claim a use of a module go up and set it to personal. According to the patch notes, if someone sets the main station to any setting including personal it doesn't override the personal settings already set.
    Also personal settings only propagate down the chain.

If a docking rail is also on that module you now have your own personal dock point and can probably transfer cargo from your personal ship.

Probable issues.
    You won't be able to dock at someone else's personal module. I think and if you did their permission would override yours unless your ship is also set to personal permission.
    Not sure what the permissions would allow or be required for cargo pulling. I assume to pull cargo is should be your personally set ship docked to your personally set station module.
    Not sure what it would take to override the personal setting. If a member leaves faction they still retain access to that module. So the admin would have to ether destroy the faction block (if not home base) on the module or eject the module.
    Might have someone go around and claim and unclaimed modules.

Anyway hope this gives you ideas about setting up a faction member station.