City Shield

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen

So I went to a shop with my fighter to get some rail blocks, when I got back some pirates had nuked 1/4th of my town, so I would propose a shield block,

Pretty much you place it down and you can activate it with logic, the more power blocks are being added to it the bigger the shield, ships can go through the shield but lasers and missiles cannot (players could still use warhead torpedoes, you could for example fire a warhead torpedo at the shield block to destroy the shield)

the shield cannot be placed on ships.

Also you can give the shield a colour with a light block?

EDIT: or just a transparent block that players can go through but lasers cannot, so people can build their own blaster doors or, protection spheres, this ofcourse has to be able to be deactivated and activated the same way a plex door does.

Shine, thoughts?

Last edited:
    Reactions: NeonSturm

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Are you working on a planet? If so you can put shield blocks on planet plates already. Usually when I start building in an area I do one of two things, 1) If my faction doesn't already have a Homebase I homebase that planet or station, 2) if my faction already has a homebase I deploy many defense satellites in the area around the area I'm working in. Also another thing I do is check the area within 3 to 5 sectors for a pirate station since these things do spawn pirates a lot.

That said it is an interesting idea but not really needed if you know what you are doing.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    also setting up defence turrets works fine for me,just come back to base and clean up pirate scrap.:)
    [DOUBLEPOST=1452448930,1452446290][/DOUBLEPOST]hmm,i wonder if you could make a defence grid with satelites armed with damage pulse,wonder what the range of the weapons would be?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just a little note on planet shields. they only protect one plate. You'll need to shield and power all plates of a planet to protect it from attack.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would like it, also for ships. I saw an interesting approach in a new game-alpha "Dreadnoughts which uses a shape that
    covers the ship from "top+height/2" to "bottom+height/2" everywhere where you have a block. It uses about 1/2 size distance from the outermost blocks on each plane.
    I've heard that SM had such shields in the very early alpha, but they were laggy. But maybe a single sphere or oval per entity would be that laggy. Or maybe Schema now knows how to do it after rail-entities.

It would add a lot of possibilities for smaller fighters which can go below the shield which I like to see ingame.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would like it, also for ships. I saw an interesting approach in a new game-alpha "Dreadnoughts which uses a shape that
    covers the ship from "top+height/2" to "bottom+height/2" everywhere where you have a block. It uses about 1/2 size distance from the outermost blocks on each plane.
    I've heard that SM had such shields in the very early alpha, but they were laggy. But maybe a single sphere or oval per entity would be that laggy. Or maybe Schema now knows how to do it after rail-entities.

It would add a lot of possibilities for smaller fighters which can go below the shield which I like to see ingame.
    True true true!