Cities kill my computer

Reaction score
    I only have 2 gigs of RAM but I can play the game just fine, only when I encounter a city in a planet it tells me that im running low on memory until it crashes. I tried it all even max segments to 100 and i have still problems.

I guess i'll upgrade to 6 gigs but im saving for a big upgrade (still running on a DDR2 mobo). My GPU is modern tho, HD7850. CPU is old but decent, the q6600 g0

Thanks

Reaction score
    Okay so I just realized I could add in more useable ram in the launcher, went from 512 to 1024 and that did it, havent seen any more memory warnings.

Now im playin at pretty high settings and pretty smooth even under heavy block load (the city). Set the background to 4K res and it looks so damn nice. I didnt play the game for months so I remember when it was just a boring pitch black. Also set drawing block distance to 2500 and its pretty ridiculous that im seeing the whole planet rendered from my ship as i travel around it and its pretty smooth. All of this with shitty 2gb ddr2. Sick job by scheme and only alpha yet.