Cities + Events + Fation interaction (please read it, it's nice)

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I came up with this idea, when talking about events, things that could happen, in which your actions make a difference.

the idea:
    a huge city, full of npcs minding their own busniss, trading, building, flying ships, ruling.
    the city will have multiple trade people, with all their special assortiment of stuff (1 sells block 1 sells weapons etc.) there is also a president.
    there can only be 1-3 cities in 1 galaxy, depening on server costumisation, standard is 1.
    a citie has 100,000,000 inhabitant (theoreticly not 100,000 npcs will be active)
    there are 4 sights in/around the city, which a faction can buy with many faction points, but really many so only big factions can buy that sight. a faction can only have 1 sight.
    if you buy this plot, you can gain popularity, depending on the actions of the faction.
    things that will increase popularity:
    1. killing pirates
    2. completing events where you defeat pirates or safe people. (not players)
    3. killing a player with bounty rewards on them
    things that will decrease popularity:
    1. declaring war to factions that don't have a sight on the city.
    2. not saving people (not players)
    3. killing people (not players)
    4. attacking shops, trade guild ships and trade guild stations.
    5. die
    because of these things, the change of war between the 4 big factions is really big, making starmade more exiting. because, there are only 100,000,000 inhabitants which means that you have to fight for popularity.
    every week, there will be looked at who has the highest popularity that faction may then own the president house for a week, untill the re-elections.
    the advantaches of being popular are countless.
    discount on products, anywhere in the galaxy, crew dicount for being popular.
    respect from ther factions, an image bringing you more recruits to your faction. less pirates will come near your homebase, they are afraid of your faction.

events that can happen:
    the city is under attack! defend it our it will be destroyed
    results:
    1, victory, the city is for more than 50% complete, you defended well here is a reward and abadge from the president.
    2. defeat, owno! the city is for more than 50% destroyed rebuildig it will take ages!
    effects from defeat: overall raise in the price of products. factions cannot gain popularity anymore untill the population is back to 100,000,000 rebuilding the city will take 2 days
    you can speed up the build by delivering supplies to building sights.

the president is kidnapped! fast save him before the pirates get away!
    1. victory, popularity is gained based on how much damage was done, the player that did the final blow will be awarded a badge of heroicness and a nice amount of credits
    2 defeat, the president is kidnapped popularity decreases based on how little damage you did.

result 2 effect event:
    we got intell that the president is taken to a station at (insert location) save him!
    1, victory, popularity is gained based on how many dmg the faction did. no reward will be given.
    2, defeat, the president is dead! the faction that did the least dmg in both events will lose loads of popularity.
    the other factions lose popularity based on how little damage they did.

quests all around the city:
    you can find npcs that have a quest for you, things like deliver this to the president or get me (insert amount of blocks) this can only have possitive effects to the city. e.g prices lower, popularity is gained and the city grows.

Jh

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think this should be optional.
    Also I don't think players should be presidents. Only NPC's can own businesses and such. They can employ you/your faction. Give you money for working with them.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think this should be optional.
    Also I don't think players should be presidents. Only NPC's can own businesses and such. They can employ you/your faction. Give you money for working with them.
    i don't mean they become president, i mean they own the house of the president, theoreticly.
    think of mafia that try to take over a city to achieve ultimate power. it just gives you bonus things and such.
    and you get known by players.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    So something like embassies, that would be cool (it should cost a lot of faction points).

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So something like embassies, that would be cool (it should cost a lot of faction points).
    yea so that only the biggest and most acitve factions are able to take part.
    also i forgot a thingy, when the popularity of a faction goes below (insert number) it's sight will be for sale.
    this will either result in a faction taking over the spot, or the existing faction makes a comeback.

Reaction score
    Slightly off topic, but iv been building a RP city specifically for this purpose for several months now. so even if cities dont become a thing any time soon, we should eventually have at least one fully detailed city to play with and use in any way a server owner would want. (ill release the BP to community section once its complete, just dont expect it any time soon tho...its a big project and will take many more months)

p.s. you can find some pics and videos of the early stages of the city in the screenshoots sub thread. it come along quite a ways since i posted thos tho. so the cities alot more developed then the version shown in those pics or vids. but still very far from complete.

Last edited:

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Slightly off topic, but iv been building a RP city specifically for this purpose for several months now. so even if cities dont become a thing any time soon, we should eventually have at least one fully detailed city to play with and use in any way a server owner would want. (ill release the BP to community section once its complete, just dont expect it any time soon tho...its a big project and will take many more months)

I'm glad to read it's still in progress.

Any plans to create city-part templates for download? I imagine that would allow a builder to create pretty massive cities in short order. It would be cool if "city" biomes were introduced to planets, to create procedurally-generated cities.

Reactions: OdraNoel

Jh

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    There are.
    Some planets spawn with cities on.

Reaction score
    Any plans to create city-part templates for download? I imagine that would allow a builder to create pretty massive cities in short order

Actually i was thinking about that. probably what i can do is release various versions of the city. as it will have 4 distinct sections maybe i could make a complete version and then 4 others that jsut have one of each section complete and the rest is empty (for a player to find and build apoun)

ill also probably make a series of templates of each building along with various sized gardens for easy city building. however i must stress, that unfortunately i can be a very slow builder, so it will probably be quite some time before i can properly do any of this. currently the city is about 1/5th complete from what i have fully planned for it.

I'm glad to read it's still in progress.
    thank you! it is my main project. so while i may not work soley on it all the time, i definitely have no intention of abandoning the project, i fully intend to complete it......eventually :p

Reactions: jayman38
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Actually i was thinking about that. probably what i can do is release various versions of the city. as it will have 4 distinct sections maybe i could make a complete version and then 4 others that jsut have one of each section complete and the rest is empty (for a player to find and build apoun)

ill also probably make a series of templates of each building along with various sized gardens for easy city building. however i must stress, that unfortunately i can be a very slow builder, so it will probably be quite some time before i can properly do any of this. currently the city is about 1/5th complete from what i have fully planned for it.

thank you! it is my main project. so while i may not work soley on it all the time, i definitely have no intention of abandoning the project, i fully intend to complete it......eventually :p
    eum eum... my god its so amazing!
    the day before yesterday, i found out that i am not supposed to build ships because they all end up as a cubic thingy.
    i found out that my call in interior and small buildings.
    i'd like to ask, can i help you with the interior of the buildings?
    please please please please! it's so awesome, i don't even need credits if you are worried about that it's just so much space, so much to things to fill with decoration! please may i help you?

Reaction score
    i'd like to ask, can i help you with the interior of the buildings?
    please please please please! it's so awesome, i don't even need credits if you are worried about that it's just so much space, so much to things to fill with decoration! please may i help you?

well iv been working on it for so long (ten months now and counting) as a solo project that at this point id really prefer to keep it as a solo project. nothing personal of course, its just that at this point iv identified with the city and wish to remain the sole creator of that particular version. however your more then welcome to DL the version i uploaded and do with it as you wish. get ideas, make some other sections, decorate some of the buildings that are already there.

or you can also just delete all the buildings and start from scratch. the circular stone plate makes a perfect (and cheap for survival) building area with more then enough space to make what you want. and the dome outline should help you place a dome over it later once your finished (and if it doesn't lag out your comp) if your anything like me you'll probably enjoy doing that a lot more then decorating some already made buildings, as it will just leave you wanting more. its happened to me before in minecraft. i downloaded a map with a smallish empty town and started to expand it, but at the end of the day i just wasn't satisfied and didn't feel like it was "my own". (but maybe thats just me)

in my city thread theres also a couple of videos (the building cities series) where i outline several ideas and general points to go about how to plan for making a city. (mainly the second episode) those should help give you a general idea as to how to go about to start a city, and keep it consistent. theres also several diff kinda of cities you can make besides domed ones. (i just went for a domed city because its something iv been wanting to make since my minecraft days)

iv been trying to inspire people to make their own cities as i would love to see some more starmade cities! so if you start making one, post some pictures on the screen shoots sub forum, as id love to see more cities! :)

but what ever you choose to do i hope you enjoy doing it, and remember to plan ahead as much as possible. iv ran into several issues when starting my city and iv tried to outline as many of those things as i could in my two videos. things like having a standard hight for each floor (5 blocks per floor in my case) so all the building windows line up properly, and little things like that.

im glad to see im not the only city enthusiast around here ^ ^. dont be afraid to shoot me a PM if you ever have any questions or want to bounce ideas of someone. happy building! :)

P.S. also, sorry for kinda derailing your thread xD. was totally not my intention :/

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    well iv been working on it for so long (ten months now and counting) as a solo project that at this point id really prefer to keep it as a solo project. nothing personal of course, its just that at this point iv identified with the city and wish to remain the sole creator of that particular version. however your more then welcome to DL the version i uploaded and do with it as you wish. get ideas, make some other sections, decorate some of the buildings that are already there.

or you can also just delete all the buildings and start from scratch. the circular stone plate makes a perfect (and cheap for survival) building area with more then enough space to make what you want. and the dome outline should help you place a dome over it later once your finished (and if it doesn't lag out your comp) if your anything like me you'll probably enjoy doing that a lot more then decorating some already made buildings, as it will just leave you wanting more. its happened to me before in minecraft. i downloaded a map with a smallish empty town and started to expand it, but at the end of the day i just wasn't satisfied and didn't feel like it was "my own". (but maybe thats just me)

in my city thread theres also a couple of videos (the building cities series) where i outline several ideas and general points to go about how to plan for making a city. (mainly the second episode) those should help give you a general idea as to how to go about to start a city, and keep it consistent. theres also several diff kinda of cities you can make besides domed ones. (i just went for a domed city because its something iv been wanting to make since my minecraft days)

iv been trying to inspire people to make their own cities as i would love to see some more starmade cities! so if you start making one, post some pictures on the screen shoots sub forum, as id love to see more cities! :)

but what ever you choose to do i hope you enjoy doing it, and remember to plan ahead as much as possible. iv ran into several issues when starting my city and iv tried to outline as many of those things as i could in my two videos. things like having a standard hight for each floor (5 blocks per floor in my case) so all the building windows line up properly, and little things like that.

im glad to see im not the only city enthusiast around here ^ ^. dont be afraid to shoot me a PM if you ever have any questions or want to bounce ideas of someone. happy building! :)

P.S. also, sorry for kinda derailing your thread xD. was totally not my intention :/
    woa thanks for the extensive reply. too bad i can't help, i do undertand your reason it's something personal between you and the city :)
    i won't download the map, i have planned way too much exualy ut if you would have said yes i had dropped that all. i am building a mini city at the homebase of CR it won't be really big but it alrady has a jail and an reception. in between i have to decorate the interior of (i believe) the judgement. after those things things or in between when i get side tracked, i will start developing my robot idea, a free flyinging not pretracked robot. if i succeed you m8 even be able to use it as a car. and after that i will look if i can make a whole city at the CR homebase, i had an idea a time ago, but it was too big back then and the rest of the homebase is too empty. so thats why i can't use your map :D

no problems about the sidetrack, the council nor shine is reading the thread so i guess the city suggestion is a dead fish