Circle Tool

Reaction score
    Greetings World,

In starmade (in advanced build options) there should be a circle tool. Why? because if you are a person like me who builds ships with large circles, its really anoying to go onto the internet, find a voxel circle tool and then manualy build it.This takes for ever.

With this circle tool you will be able to specify the diameter of the circle and if its hollow or filled.

Please comment if you think this is a good idea.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    I agree, a tool to set blocks in a circle would be so very helpful in building more organic shapes when it comes to ships.

Reaction score
    https://donatstudios.com/PixelCircleGenerator

I use this for all my circles, and for me building them is fun. =D

Reaction score
    Using symmetry and advanced modes means you only have to build 1/4 of any circle, and 1/8th of any sphere. It\'s incredibly easy and fast, taking mere minutes for even huge circles, compared to doing the whole thing by hand. There are far more important and useful features that could/should/need to be added, not to mention all kinds of bugs need to be fixed, before easy-mode circles are a \"must have\". Plotz is another great site for building many shapes, and they even give individual row block counts. Extremely simple and very fast.

-1 from me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I use plotz, and let me just say when doing anything like this where you have to look at one source (Plotz) and recreate data in another (Star Made), There is always going to be a possible margin of error. Especially in circles that have repeating segments, and especially in very large circles. I actually screwed up a circle with a diameter of 725m once. Finding the error wasn\'t pleasant.

If you screw up in one part, the whole thing is off. Yes, advanced build mode makes it easier, but Starmade shouldn\'t be like Minecraft where everything must be done by hand. We have some tools in our toolbox, adding more can\'t hurt. Primitive shapes like circles would help a lot in diversifying ships.

I agree with you that there are more pressing matters though.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    When I tried to make a cube, I had to do everything 3 times.

Front to Top is the same as Front to Left or Left to top.

But I found a good way to make circular towers.

1. You make a tip, 2 blocks heigh
    2. You go out (front, left, right, back) 1 block and make this the start of a vertical line 4 blocks heigh, repeat.
    3. Left and right of this line, you build another 4 long line, starting 2 blocks offset from top for each step-2 vertical line.
    4. Step 3 gives you the frame. Now fill the rest with a stair from your step-3-frame to the horizontal middle of your gap.
    5. If you done everything right, you should see diagonally from the middle from top to bottom alternating 1 and 2 blocks bumped and sunken.