Chunks only load at close range - priority issue?

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    So, I've had this issue for a while now.

Chunks only update graphically when I fly my camera within a few dozen meters of those chunks. They stay loaded just fine when I move my camera away, and it's not a max segments setting issue - it's just that they simply do not update unless my client screams at the server for them to update. Happens in both single and multiplayer.

This is a problem, because it means that I have to either build mode scout every ship I'm about to fight, or ram it, in order to get even a part of it rendered. Otherwise all I have to go on are the thruster plumes that're visible, and can't see a thing aside from that. Cleared cache to no avail.

It feels almost as though the server simply isn't prioritizing sending chunk updates to my client.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    This happens for everyone. Drives me nuts having to buildmode fly around a few KM of station to work on it.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    This happens for everyone. Drives me nuts having to buildmode fly around a few KM of station to work on it.
    Bizarre. Any time I asked someone about it, they claimed they didn't have that problem.

Reaction score
    (had a post up but realized i am getting a different problem and i have no idea how to delete a post)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Agame3