Bug Checksum error

Reaction score
    I've spent the past three days battling the launcher and this ... CheckSumFailedException: The downloaded mirror field didn't match the checksum give from star-made.org. The file might be modified
    I get this error every time i try to download the latest update for the game.
    I've tried getting a copy from the manual install website but the download fails or the archive is corrupted and the launcher doesn't recognise the build. I've even gone to a friend and got their game and tried running it but nothing seems to work ...Any advice?

MossyStone48

Cmdr Deathmark
    Reaction score
    goto files.star-made.org/build and download the newest one. it should be at the bottom of the page. you can use a download manager to help. there are various but the one i've used most is getright. this allows you to resume the download in case the connection goes fubar. once the file is fully downloaded, extract all the contents to the starmade folder. the launcher should recognize it as a valid install and let you get going.

on a side note, you wouldn't happen to be ownedhawk? he built a really nice ship for pholopalus months ago and designed one for me i never got a chance to see.

good luck and good hunting, starmate.

Reaction score
    goto files.star-made.org/build and download the newest one. it should be at the bottom of the page. you can use a download manager to help. there are various but the one i've used most is getright. this allows you to resume the download in case the connection goes fubar. once the file is fully downloaded, extract all the contents to the starmade folder. the launcher should recognize it as a valid install and let you get going.

on a side note, you wouldn't happen to be ownedhawk? he built a really nice ship for pholopalus months ago and designed one for me i never got a chance to see.

good luck and good hunting, starmate.
    I got a download manager and i'm downloading it now it seems to be working better thanks for the advice!
    and no ive always been Ownedxylophone from the MLSM server (you should check it out sometime)