Chat System Maintenance

Reaction score
    Hey all, you may notice the chat bar at the bottom of the page is now available. You may also notice that it stays at "Loading..." forever. We are aware of this, and are actively working on finishing up the system. We'll let you know when it's ready.

EDIT: Nevermind, all is working now. There's still some UI issues to work out, but you can now chat to your hearts content!

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    CHAAAAAAAT

IT LIVES

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I'm not seeing the chat sidebar now. :(

Zyrr

Chronic Troublemaker
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, I got it. Had to log out and log in.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Not gonna lie, this is a really underwhelming system.

Points of Improvement:
    1. Chat rooms cannot be deleted (see: fuck containment - I made it as a joke and then realized it couldn't be deleted. rip)
    2. The theme clashes with the theme of the rest of the site. This may not seem like a big deal but browsing primarily-black pages with a bright white chat window isn't exactly easy on the eyes (I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that the current theme is wip)
    3. Lack of multiple chatroom participation functionality (<---- big one which I am pretty sure was promised) - According to WarSong the applet doesn't support this feature at all. Bummer.
    4. Chat window maintains its place on the page even if you scroll down. Example. I've never encountered this on any chat client I've used.
    5. Images do not automatically embed (this was a big feature everyone enjoyed)
    Honestly the whole thing seems like an off-the-shelf plugin that someone downloaded for free somewhere. I'm sure this isn't the final version but y'all have a lot to improve.

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Not gonna lie, this is a really underwhelming system.

Points of Improvement:
    1. Chat rooms cannot be deleted (see: fuck containment - I made it as a joke and then realized it couldn't be deleted. rip)
    2. The theme clashes with the theme of the rest of the site. This may not seem like a big deal but browsing primarily-black pages with a bright white chat window isn't exactly easy on the eyes (I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that the current theme is wip)
    3. Lack of multiple chatroom participation functionality (<---- big one which I am pretty sure was promised) - According to WarSong the applet doesn't support this feature at all. Bummer.
    4. Chat window maintains its place on the page even if you scroll down. Example. I've never encountered this on any chat client I've used.
    5. Images do not automatically embed (this was a big feature everyone enjoyed)
    Honestly the whole thing seems like an off-the-shelf plugin that someone downloaded for free somewhere. I'm sure this isn't the final version but y'all have a lot to improve.

1. Being done
    2. Yes, WIP
    3. Being done
    4. Being done
    5. Nope

A lot to improve, yes.

Reaction score
    Would be cool if you could make the default room pop up automatically on the first visit. This may seem strange and annoying to existing members, but it would make new members much more chatty as they realize that there's people around (not so many will actually click the button to bring up the chat room).

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Would be cool if you could make the default room pop up automatically on the first visit. This may seem strange and annoying to existing members, but it would make new members much more chatty as they realize that there's people around (not so many will actually click the button to bring up the chat room).
    I'd prefer not. That used to really piss me off. I'm pretty sure the popping noise works sufficiently :P

Reaction score
    I'd prefer not. That used to really piss me off. I'm pretty sure the popping noise works sufficiently :p
    Obviously with better implementation than what it was before :p

So including a way to toggle it off, and make a chat window not pop up anymore after closing it.

]]

Nerixel

The Walrus
    Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Obviously with better implementation than what it was before :p

So including a way to toggle it off, and make a chat window not pop up anymore after closing it.

]]
    Well, you can turn it on, so surely it wouldn't be hard to enable by default.