Planned Chat filter for kids

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Sooo
    I've been reprimanded like thrice at the SS server for swearing. They say because "there are children playing" or "we want to keep the chat PG".

So how about this.

Have a chat filter. If a player says a blacklisted word (which can be changed by server config), the player's chat message will be muted for a client with its filter turned on.

With this, older players can say what they want to say and at the same time protect the younger players.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Switch Servers? Who even plays there?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Switch Servers? Who even plays there?
    Almost everyone who doesnt play on GenX nova? You live under a rock?
    Well than say hi to Patric for me, will ya?

That is a good suggestion, tho i personal find it (the subject matter at hand) ridiculous.
    Using "naughty" words is not bad, using them in a speciffic situation is.

Reactions: Criss

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Almost everyone who doesnt play on GenX nova? You live under a rock?
    Well than say hi to Patric for me, will ya?
    *points at Dominion in sig. I don't know a patric, but you can say hi to Bobby and Levist for me if yer a LG player. Me, I'm even MORE lazy and like the boosted mining.

That is a good suggestion, tho i personal find it (the subject matter at hand) ridiculous.
    Using "naughty" words is not bad, using them in a speciffic(sic) situation is.
    Agreement there. Oh no, words! They'll give the children a conniption and the womenfolk The Vapors!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    *points at Dominion in sig. I don't know a patric, but you can say hi to Bobby and Levist for me if yer a LG player. Me, I'm even MORE lazy and like the boosted mining.
    How on earth did you miss me sendig you to the bikkini bottom to live under Particks rock? Erhaurgh.
    I visit/play on almost all of the better known forumside servers, and pardon me, but i never heard of the server you play on :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You are pardoned. you join date tells me you're too newb to know better. ;)
    Swears in mother alnguage, english, german, and hugarian... I am whaa?? The only reason i play on them is because the last 4 servers on which i played, made friends, had battles etc. went down, lost funding and so on. And since i dont want to go trough another, "hi im new on this serv" sh**t i decided to stick to the major servers.

(this is all for the purpose of fun, i did not swear actualy nor am i angry for being called a newb)