Chat: Do NOT delete the current message when using up/down

Reaction score
    I have had to retype my 10th message or so in the chat, because it gets deleted if I use the up/down arrows. This is very annoying. Please don't delete the current chat message pointlessly.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The up/down keys are meant for easy access to earlier typed messages, this is very handy for admins when using commands.
    That is if you are talking about the ingame chat.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    While that is indeed the function of the up/down keys, there is a side effect. When you scroll back to the message you were typing, it's been reset to a blank, resetting anything you wrote. This would be a simple issue to resolve.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    yeah - that's infuriating for anyone used to typing in a word processor. using arrows is just instinct and you lose your whole message.

Reaction score
    This functionnality should only trigger if the chat input is blank (or filled with a non edited history message)

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    The way a specific terminal works (bash), which is where the up/down arrow interactios come from, is it saves your message and allows you just arrow all the way down to blank, and your last typed message. This isn't too hard usually, but has some odd corner cases. I would not get rid of up and down arrow recall though. Its too useful for admins.