Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Way better than before; a bit boring, though. Might be a good place for a shuttle ramp.

Reaction score
    Ehhhh.... I actually rather prefer the original. The change in hull elevation made the color change pop, and also gave it the illusion of being a different material. Now... it looks painted-on. Flat. :\[DOUBLEPOST=1413974161,1413973687][/DOUBLEPOST]
    HOLY CRAP, remind me to just cloak and run away when i see this ship as a red diamond on my radar
    You're more likely to simply crash outright as your computer suddenly and inexplicable attempts to keep up with all the damage that is being done to your ship.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Ehhhh.... I actually rather prefer the original. The change in hull elevation made the color change pop, and also gave it the illusion of being a different material. Now... it looks painted-on. Flat. :\[DOUBLEPOST=1413974161,1413973687][/DOUBLEPOST]
    You're more likely to simply crash outright as your computer suddenly and inexplicable attempts to keep up with all the damage that is being done to your ship.
    I noticed too, I'll have to do something about that. I'll probably just stick a seam between the two colors.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    A blue seam perhaps? glowing? like an exposed generator or an electro plate? :)

Tron style :3

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Progress on the hangars is going well.

Just to clarify some things: The roof is a placeholder, the door needs detail work and the wall that's behind the view point doesn't exist yet. The things on the right wall will be push beam ports, the thing under the floor is a massive repair array, I'll make it functional when repair beams actually do something useful (for now it just looks interesting).

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    A repair hangar, that is sweet stuff :O (also looks kewl)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    UPDATE #19: Hangars

Title says it all, there's a hangar on each side. The two drone corvettes inside will be eject-able with the use of the wall mounted push beams (I have yet to make the system, but it won't be complicated). Anyways, here's some pics:

I also remade a section of the hull that was annoying me:

That's it for today! As always, feedback is appreciated :)

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Edit: .... wrong thread.... *facewall*

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    remind me to NEVER go against you...
    That ship is looking amazing so far kep

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    why is it the wrong thread?
    I just wrote something that was meant for an other thread. I got confused since I had multiple windows open at once :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those wondering I'm just taking a small break from the Charon to let my idea pool replenish. I'll be making an other much smaller ship in the mean time.

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That is indeed the best way to handle things! Taking a temp break from flagship projects from time to time and building smaller sized ships keeps interest in the game high. You have already shown you can motivate yourself over an eternity plus a couple eons :)

I currently plan a pure drone carrier (~250m) and a combat corvette (~100m+) for that same reason right now. Plus, both of these have realistic uses in MP - the former for profiting from immense drone damage, the latter to have an economic combat solution for one-man factions like mine. Keeps the fun going :) Looking forward to the first glimpses of your smaller scale projects! You seem to be an angular shapey kind of builder. Juuust my favorite style.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    That is indeed the best way to handle things! Taking a temp break from flagship projects from time to time and building smaller sized ships keeps interest in the game high. You have already shown you can motivate yourself over an eternity plus a couple eons :)

I currently plan a pure drone carrier (~250m) and a combat corvette (~100m+) for that same reason right now. Plus, both of these have realistic uses in MP - the former for profiting from immense drone damage, the latter to have an economic combat solution for one-man factions like mine. Keeps the fun going :) Looking forward to the first glimpses of your smaller scale projects! You seem to be an angular shapey kind of builder. Juuust my favorite style.
    Normal ship shapes just don't compute in my head :P

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Random news: I improved my cable/energy-conduit design

I'll be converting the cables on the big turret and the super weapon to this style. I also made a palette to make it easier ^_^ . Would anyone be interested in downloading it? If so I'll upload it to the website, it makes making cables infinitely faster.

Last edited: