Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    It will soon be time to add in the base systems. Most of the exterior and interior is done and I'm really getting pissed about getting killed by bricks on Elwyn, that has got to f*cking change >: (

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    By the time you added half of the internal systems your configuration will be outdated due to balancing changes. :P

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Let me guess positional markers on the hull deco and replace filter :p

I am looking forward to you declassifying the main ship systems some day. Make moar dakka! Funnily enough, adding the dakka is actually the FIRST thing I ever do with all ships. Mid-space floating dakka systems blobs
    . I must imagine that process to be a little more difficult with a finished complex hull (the complex part, I think, the charon really has earned).

Will you go for reasonable dakka, moar dakka, or ludicrous dakka? I have never had the pleasure of fitting a 1.3km ship. Can you basically include EVERYTHING?

Oh and when you use this madness on EE some day, I want to spectate :D

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I must imagine that process to be a little more difficult with a finished complex hull (the complex part, I think, the charon really has earned).
    That's exactly why I add in the systems afterwards. I also started building when the remove tool didn't exist, so it was much easier to refit an empty shell :p. And yea, I can pretty much put what ever I want in that ship. I'll probably go far something balanced, enough power regen to sustain the shields and thrust with the weapons using power storage and docked reactors to fire. That way I can have higher burst damage :D. I don't expect anything to survive by the time the power is depleted anyways.

Look at my sig, ludicrous dakka, obviously :P

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I'll probably go far something balanced, enough power regen to sustain the shields and thrust with the weapons using power storage and docked reactors to fire. That way I can have higher burst damage :D. I don't expect anything to survive by the time the power is depleted anyways.
    Docked 1M regen reactors with powersupply beam? Oh god, you can fit so many of these. Please, please do include some logic driven weapon systems (in addition to the drones) :D with all this space, all these options... you could stay viable and still create one mayhem of logic driven doom. Exterminatus! My humble suggestions:

- Actual gatling/repeater guns
    - Orbital bombardment mode
    - One-button-to-explode-planet-core mode
    - Swarm missile inferno (using @Gerion 's idea of triggering alot of individual computers with short delays in between to lock onto far more targets at once) for when someone tries to trick you into premature drone rack deployment
    - Skoom launcher :D
    - 360° 6-direction clear-all-missiles-in-sector shotgun array
    - the list goes on :p

But you will probably never have the fun of using them, because I see not much that would survive your turrets in the first place.

I see a doom brick.
    My ships always start out as functional doom bricks - everything else is built around that. Don't worry, they don't end up as cubes :)

Reaction score
    I was summoned, now I am looking at that titan again... Thanks @Thalanor, I didnt want to do anything but drool over this ship today anyways....

Reaction score
    Hey Keptick, i was the shield drain beams and a missle damage pulse ion array and the results were as followed on my biggest ship i equiped with these (about 85x85x85 doom cube)
    Ion missle array one shotted the shields on the daygar from brotherhood republic and one shot a spawned in copy of the ship i was using witch has a little over 5mil shields
    Shield drain beams drains 5mill shields in about 5-10 seconds, the ship didnt have any shield rechargers other than a few to get the shields up so i could test it
    In conclusion i think your 1.3km mothership could possible wield much more powerful versions of these so i think you should try them
    A stratage you could use is to hit the target with the ion missles and them throw a massive swarm of explosive modded missle and wreck face

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    @Thalanor yep, I have the space for 'ERYTHING.

@Gerion lol XD

@Farel17 Probably, it's just that the shield-drain beams have extremely limited range so it wouldn't work so well on a ship this size.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Well, any weapon systems at the back would be unable to reach even the front of the ship :D

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Well, any weapon systems at the back would be unable to reach even the front of the ship :D
    That's precisely why I put the hangars at the back :P. And also because they have a smaller change of getting damaged.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    UPDATE # -20: Complete external rework

Big update (the reason I haven't posted any news lately), I did a massive external rework, as can be seen in the three images below (same as usual). I also decided to remove the wings because they were unsatisfying. Pics:

I'll continue working on the bridge (this isn't at all linked to the bridge in any way, how dare you think about a big logic controlled holographic projection that I turned into an actual ship for the lolz).

Last edited: