Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Well before it looked like some AI eye of some sort so it did not register as a man-able bridge
    The AI thing was intentional... This thing is meant to be either controlled by AI or a single person (no crew) :) . However, the new bridge just looks much better in general. I'll try to just make the glass glow and look like a gigantic AI visor first.

It saddens me to loose that AI look but the old bridge's shape just didn't fit well with the rest of the ship...

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There is nothing better than a lasting project just getting better iteratively! Makes you believe in engineering :D

But 1.3km of space and no crew? You are going to be lonely on that shiny new bridge :D

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    No crew doesn't mean no executive intergalactic species-diverse pleasure-harem.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    We must play together sometime Keptic..... I could pick up a lot about design from you :P

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    UPDATE #18: new bridge

It's pretty self explanatory, I won't be adding any more details to it because I already find it really nice with just the streamlined shape. I feel that details could spoil it.

As always, feedback is appreciated :)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It looks nice, but I'm curious as to how it would look if the bridge was more integrated into the front face of your centre mass? Those two flat gray surfaces could make a neat window :P And it would help keep a lower streamline profile of the ship.

But I like it, it's pretty smooth.

Reaction score
    i agree with groove, but it looks fine now if you dont want to tear everything up again

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    20k views... OMFG!!!!

In other news, I remodeled the front middle section of hull to remove an awkward bump that has been annoying me since I first made it. I'll post images tomorrow to show you guys/gals. It's not really a big change (even though it was an ABSOLUTE PAIN to make), but it was worth it.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I always enjoy reading this thread; I catch up on it every week or so. While the ship is great, and I look forward to seeing a completed version some day, my favorite part about this thread is the occasional ignorant post which leaves wondering if this is real life and unable to even.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    In other news, I remodeled the front middle section of hull to remove an awkward bump that has been annoying me since I first made it. I'll post images tomorrow to show you guys/gals.
    Please make a before-after comparison.