Charon 2.0 - A WIP super titan [Update 5 : new medium turret]

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I had the problem with a push beam experiment that a docked ship hovers 0.5m above the docking module, which is a problem because of the way the twin rack orientates drones (no way to properly hit the center with beams in the middle of the twinrack). This is likely not going to be a problem with your construction :)

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I had the problem with a push beam experiment that a docked ship hovers 0.5m above the docking module, which is a problem because of the way the twin rack orientates drones (no way to properly hit the center with beams in the middle of the twinrack). This is likely not going to be a problem with your construction :)
    I had that problem with the beams mounted on the rack, but not anymore. The rack is also 0.5m above the docking point, so taking this into account I aligned the rack so that the middle point of the drones is at the middle of the doors. It also means that the beams mounted on the ship will be pushing in the dead center of the drones :D

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thats the most genius application of 0.5+0.5 = 1 ever :D

Reaction score
    HOLY CRAP, remind me to just cloak and run away when i see this ship as a red diamond on my radar

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You mean big red blob of diamonds?

Reaction score
    XD goodbye *cloaks in my romulan scimitar and flies away* (never heard of that then you must watch star trek nemesis)

D

Deleted member 301635

The turrets on this ship alone justify my paranoid habit of adding jammers to everything.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Ye, the large deck guns are pretty frightening. Is their armament classified?

Anyways, on the red diamond swarm thing: If I see it, I go full power to thrusters in the opposite direction and release drones. Maybe that way I can carry home half a chunk of semi intact blocks for salvage if I am lucky. Or just my life. :D

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Ye, the large deck guns are pretty frightening. Is their armament classified?

Anyways, on the red diamond swarm thing: If I see it, I go full power to thrusters in the opposite direction and release drones. Maybe that way I can carry home half a chunk of semi intact blocks for salvage if I am lucky. Or just my life. :D
    Their armament is currently nonexistent, it's only visuals atm :p. I haven't decided on what they'd actually be yet. Just to make sure, you're talking about the static onboard weapons, right?

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The moving turrets actually :D Scary to look down their barrels from the perspective of a ship not much bigger than them.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Holy heavens in the skies. Your ship is basically covered in corvettes.

Reaction score
    Lol kep, I would just stand there, because Id KNOW my life is already over xD

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    One day, at one time, I just have to field my (hopefully finished by then) WIP destroyer against this. I just want to count the second until the core is surrounded by a sphere of air, overheating, and the alarm logic disfunctional before it sent a drone release signal :p

Reaction score
    yea i would try to drain your power with my emp ship thats currently wip and probably never will be done just to see how long it will take to drain the finished ships power

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    UPDATE #15: Drones!

SCENE #1 , TAKE #1928371298

It works!!! For those wondering, the 44 drones (22 per rack) are all part of a docked rack, the activator you see in the gif is linked to the main ship. The undocking sequence of the rack is activated with magic (more on that tomorrow).
    Note: The speed of that gif is really accelerated.

Last edited: