Character Selection Screen

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You should be able to customise your character when you start a single player world, Or enter a server. Such as, Male or female (I.E http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5686/genderban.png) classes, Traits, Etc.

I, Also, Think the Skyrim system of leveling up as you do certain actions in those skills is a very good way to do things.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, unless you want it to be, this sounds an awful lot like an RPG. But i think you should be able to select your appearance

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, I don\'t think an RPG is bad in any way, I think it would be a good touch, The game really feels a lot like an RPG anyway. But, Like, You create the story!

Reaction score
    I like the part about letting you customize your character a bit but the whole RPG thing (levels, traits, skills) is just too far.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I agree with Raok. This game may be a \"You create the story\" game, but it\'s more of creating the story in a sanbox context. If you could get a modder to create it, then you could use that, but the base game is\'nt exactly an RPG, more of an adventure game, but without a story.

Reaction score
    It has aspects of it being adventure-ish, but that\'s about as compareable to Minecraft right now, which has aspects of it being adventure-ish but that desicion is entirely up to you, not pre-determined. You just explore, build, and destroy. Much like any other Sandbox game.

Character customization is a nice suggestion, one that has been asked a few times already and is certainly on the list, but won\'t happen right now.

Beatlebear has already said that new models wont come anytime soon since that isn\'t their main priority at the moment.

But eventually we will get them! You can change the texture of your character I believe, I\'m not one to ask too much on that topic however.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I have to agree with many of the posters from earlier. Incidentally, I just shared my opinion in some thread also touching upon the subject of RPGs but to reiterate: While I am RPG player myself, I want player\'s skills and ability to create superior design be the reason for success, not perks, level grind or other such things.

I support idea of different spacesuits (generally, current makeshift character should give way to better, more realistic model without a face suggesting drug abuse or some sort of mental deficiencies) for the sake of customization, hopefully even with some minor differences in stats (defense, speed and so on) but I sincerely would dislike traits etc.

In fact, I am not even sure there should be gender differentiation - if you saw IRL spacesuits (or even many of them in more realistic and ambitious sci-fi), they don\'t really show much of a gender of the wearer. I wouldn\'t mind it to stay like this. Faces, though, there could be some cusotmization. Ideally, and ambitiously, we\'d settle for both style and degree of customization available in 0x10c facebuilder.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If there is a character selection or creation menu this would enable the moddlers to allow their design to be used without removing the old one/s if this is created i would expect alot more people and also income when the game is fully released.

Reaction score
    If you had one where you SELECTED skins for your char, thats a good idea.

Now, levels... this ain\'t an rpg, this is more related to minecraft, is MC an rpg ?

NO

Is it a decent/good game:

Well hell yes.

Is this a decent/good game:

( ill let you answer that )

Relation: No RPG

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So what your saying is that RPG games suck? it sure sounds like it! and not to mention minecraft is a sandbox game where you can create RPG games so it is a multi-genre game.

If your not sure what i mean i will clearly state that Minecraft IS and IS NOT an RPG as you can enable adventure mode.

Reaction score
    Character customisation is called skin editing, like Minecraft.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ..now not only people want to make this minecraft [sigh], but now they want to make it like Skyrim too?

Sheesh.

Let\'s remember people, this game is all about going BEYOND the sky rim and into space!

(See what I did there?)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It has aspects of it being adventure-ish, [...] but that desicion is entirely up to you, not pre-determined. You just explore, build, and destroy. Much like any other Sandbox game.

I think that answers the point doesn\'t it..?
    It isn\'t an adventure game, but mostly a creation/sandbox one.

If people are aware of that, then why are they wanting so intently to make it what it isn\'t meant to be [yet]..?