Character behind or in a ship

Reaction score
    So I just thought randomly about this when I was looking at my ship:

Say if you get overwhelmed by players in your big ship and you realise that your big ship is lost. Lets exit the core/commandchair, put the helmet on and run down to the lifeboats, a fighter or a shuttle of some sort but while you run down the ship your character got spotted easily because your character has this "square" following him around all over the ship.

Then they kill your character and you have lost a lot of loot for an example. Let them find you with their naked eye and spot your character that is running around to get to any escape vehicle.

I had a thought about it at it was following;

Characters behind any obstacle or inside a ship should not be spotted by looking for the square that shows where the character is.

This could also be added to ships for an example. 1 big ship flying towards enemies while the others stay behind unnoticed?

Or even better that docked entities are not shown as a square while docked?

Pardon me if this has already been added to the game

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You can toggle off showing nav icons of ships ships or/and turrets (would suggest so on larger ships).
    I once threw out the idea of a player having a jammer (or more accurately, a signal emitter) so he could choose is he shows up or not.

A mechanic that would change radar ranges based on some ship systems (players would have a small one default) would be nice though.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I like the concept because the scenario you paint is fun, but I also think that our high-tech little toons might be assumed to have hand-held sensors (like tricorders) that allow them to detect life signs even underground or through the hull of a ship.

Reaction score
    You can toggle off showing nav icons of ships ships or/and turrets (would suggest so on larger ships).
    I once threw out the idea of a player having a jammer (or more accurately, a signal emitter) so he could choose is he shows up or not.

A mechanic that would change radar ranges based on some ship systems (players would have a small one default) would be nice though.
    I agree with you two, Lozdy and CyberTao. Astronauts shouldn't show up on the nav map; it's not like they're blasting long rage detectable radiation from their bodies. (Not unless, as CyberTao pointed out, they use a signal emitter.)

Also to MacThule, I like the tricorders idea. =)

Reaction score
    Seems like this is something to make the game more fun for the ones that is about loose.

I like the idea of some kind of thing that you can activate by yourself by clicking a button on your keyboard yeah.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I would like something like this applied to ships and everything! Have it work somewhat like MWO(Mech Warrior Online)'s system where you or an ally need to have a object in their line of sight to be able to lock on/select/scan it.