Changing the way the game is distributed

Reaction score
    (android app Google Translate)

There are a lot of people who bypass most games simply because they don't want to pay, and there are a lot of people who are reluctant to focus their attention on the hard stuff. Why am I saying this?

The game is currently available to download for free as a demo, and some may think that this is a great way to introduce the game to those who don't have it. This is true, but not entirely. There are many people who, let’s say, unconsciously or fundamentally, for various reasons, do not notice absolutely all demo versions of games. They may be considered too crude and not worth attention. Also, the method of demonstrating demo versions of games on Steam is too unremarkable for others to notice them often.

At the same time, people just love everything with a set-top box for free. Therefore, free games will always have a large fan base of players. You probably already understand that I want to propose a Free-to-Play distribution model for the game. And I suggest this simply because otherwise the game will have no future. Today, the game has many competitors that are superior to StarMade in various parameters, and there are too many low-grade games, including cubic ones, which with their number prevent StarMade from showing itself in all its glory. I think it makes no sense to list them, I think you can understand what I mean.

Most people weigh the pros and cons and look through a ton of information about the game before downloading a game. At the moment, I haven't played it yet, but I'm going to do so, even if many reviews in my language condemn it for their narrow-minded reasons. But, to be honest, doubts still crept into my head as to whether I could do it. After all, it is complex and incomprehensible, and all the information about it simply kills all my thinking brain cells. I think it’s wrong, unconvincing...How to put it, I can’t find the words. In general, the entire PR and description of the Steam page is so unremarkable that it makes me completely despondent. Dark screenshots that do not convey optimism and do not describe the possibilities. A description that immediately begins to press you with complex things and begs you to buy the game. You immediately get the impression of a pitiful fraudulent office that will show you a fairy tale and set off freely in the opposite direction from you. Of course, there are also correct things that are said about the game. But there are many things that should be changed. In fact, this requires a very thorough review, but this discussion will drag on for a long time and I don’t think I can explain everything in one go in this discussion. I’d rather continue the topic the way I originally wanted. It's hard to even remember, eh.

I don't think I'll remember everything, but let's get back to the "difficult" things. What you'll have to deal with is the ship building mechanics. As far as I understand, there is no tutorial or further guide in the game, right? Even if there is one, I don’t think it will be so elaborate that a person wouldn’t go crazy in the process. There are actually few good training in games. I don’t know why I even remembered about the tutorial, I wanted to talk about the blocks in the game. They exist, and they are different. Some serve the role of, um... Just cubes with different strength statistics, for the most part, they are decorative. Now let's talk about mechanisms, the Achilles heel of all "stupid" players. These are also cubes, but special ones that everyone is afraid of. I would like to tell you, put them somewhere in a frame, and in a separate line of the interface, in a separate section, or, say, add the ability to create production machines in a separate group, as they also say in Minecraft, in a workbench. And on each there are instructions, as well as an NPC - a trainer nearby, who will tell you in a loud bass voice about what a nonentity you are and sometimes talk about the right things, how to use this or that device.

But too often I go around and around, because I don’t know how best to say this, because it’s a pretty neat topic. But let me be clear, I'm talking about paid DLC. I know a lot of people hate them. But what else remains for them, there is no escape. Well, I propose to cut the game into pieces. Do you remember how the popular, just mentioned Minecraft began? With Minecraft Classic. This is a separate creative mode; it is a limited set of free blocks with which you can build anything. Everything is extremely simple there. Many, many players visited there. It's always much easier for people to start small. Now let's remember Space Engineers. They added a bunch of blocks that are easy to get lost in. But I’m not talking about that, I’m talking about the DLC that they added and distributed everything into sets. Almost like a Season Pass, but smaller. Not for the convenience of players, but simply to replenish their wallets. However, like everyone else. But the concept itself interested me a little. It's almost like GitHub. I don’t know if I gave the right example, but they created a modular system where you can add program code piece by piece, which is quite convenient. Although, maybe I just confused it with Fabric, a modular tool for modding the game. In general, I have given enough examples. And now I come to the point. Everything in the game needs to be distributed into small sets, in very large quantities, if this is even possible on Steam, and sold that way. Eg. Decorative DLC is the first, which contains exclusive colors, and an expanded set of block shapes, the second, which adds carbon, gold, gloss, metallic, mother-of-pearl (you know, like tuning in NFS). And also offer different DLC sets instead of the main game. For example, decorative sets, production sets consisting of mechanisms, a social set, all sorts of emoticons, fireworks and other nonsense, military sets (well, there’s no need to even explain this). It can take a long time to sort everything into DLC and their packs and categories. But it's worth it. So that people think they have a choice. For those who are interested in the game, in any case, greed will take over, and they will think, I’ll buy everything while it’s possible. You know, I'm the same. While there is money.

And finally, I would like to mention the Steam marketplace.

Personally, I would like the game to have the ability to purchase all sorts of skins and things with its help. Many people would want this in any game. Hope so. Make some kind of drop in the form of components, parts with a quality level and a master key, which can be bought for real money inside the game or as a drop, but of lower quality which does not open items with exceptional quality.

The truth is, there is a lot I would like to offer, but the details always float in my head, like the ebb and flow of the tides. They are easy to lose in the stream of thoughts and difficult to find back. I doubt I'll stay on this forum for long. But you can always talk to me about the game on Steam. Of course, there are other ways, but I really love this site and go to it most often. My nickname on Steam is Kostet960604, add me, I’ll be glad to chat.

Original

Изменение способа распространения игры

Есть очень много людей, которые обходят большинство игр стороной только потому, что они не хотят платить, и много тех, с неохотой сосредотачивает своё внимание на сложных вещах. К чему я это.

В данный момент игру можно бесплатно скачать в виде демо версии, и некоторые могут подумать, что это отличный способ рассказать об игре тем, у кого её нет. Это так, но не совсем. Есть немало людей, которые, скажем так, неосознанно или принципиально, по разным причинам, не замечают абсолютно все демо версии игр. Могут считать их слишком сырыми и не стоящими внимания. Ещё сам метод демонстрации демо версий игр в Steam, слишком не примечательный, что бы их часто замечали другие.

В тоже время, люди просто обожают всё с приставкой бесплатно. Поэтому у бесплатных игр всегда будет большая фан-база игроков. Вы наверное, уже поняли, что я хочу предложить модель распространения игры на Free-to-Play. И предлагаю это просто потому, что в противном случае у игры не будет будущего. На сегодняшний день у игры существует много конкурентов, которые по разным параметрам превосходят StarMade, и слишком много низкосортных игр, в том числе кубических, которые своим количеством мешают StarMade показать себя во всей красе. Думаю перечислять их не имеет смысла, вы думаю, сможете понять, что я имею в виду.

Большинство людей, прежде чем скачать игру, взвешивают всё за и против, и просматривают тонну информации об игре. На данный момент, я в неё ещё не играл, но собираюсь это сделать, даже если многие обзоры на моём языке её осуждают своим узколобым причинам. Но, честно говоря, в голову всё же закрадывались сомнения, а смогу ли я. Ведь она сложная и непонятная, и вся информация о ней просто убивает всё мои мыслительные клетки головного мозга. Думаю, неправильные, неубедительные...Как бы это сказать, не могу подобрать слова. В общем, весь пиар и описание страницы в Steam настолько непримечательны, что повергает меня в совершенное уныние. Тёмные скриншоты, не придающие оптимизма и не описывающие возможности. Описание, которое с ходу начинает давить сложными вещами и умолять вас купить игру. Сразу создаётся впечатление жалкой мошеннической конторы, которое покажет вам сказку и уйдёт в свободное плавание в противоположном от вас направлении. Конечно, есть и правильные вещи, которые рассказывают об игре. Но имеется много вещей, которые стоило бы изменить. На самом деле, это требует очень тщательного пересмотрения, но такое обсуждение затянется надолго и я не думаю, что смогу объяснить всё за один заход в данном обсуждении. Лучше продолжу тему так, как изначально хотел. Даже вспомнить трудно, эх.

Не думаю, что вспомню всё, но вернёмся к "сложным" вещам. С чем вам предстоит столкнуться, это с механиками постройки корабля. Насколько я понял, обучения и дальнейшего путеводителя в игре не существует, верно? Даже если он есть, не думаю, что он будет проработан настолько, что бы человек не сошёл с ума в процессе. Хороших обучений в играх на самом деле мало. Не знаю, зачем я вообще вспомнил про обучение, я ведь хотел поговорить о блоках в игре. Они есть, и они разные. Одни выполняют роль, эмм..Просто кубиков с разной статистикой прочности, по большей своей части, они декоративные. А теперь поговорим о механизмах, ахилесовой пятой всех "глупых" игроков. Это тоже кубики, но особенные, которые боятся все. Хочется сказать вам, положите их куда нибудь в рамочку, и в отдельную строку интерфейса, в отдельный раздел или скажем, добавить возможность создания в отдельную группу производственных станков, как это ещё говорят в Minecraft, в верстак. И на каждой по инструкции, а также NPC - тренера рядом, который громким басом будет рассказывать вам о том, какое вы ничтожество и иногда говорить о правильных вещах, как пользоваться тем или иным приспособлением.

Но уж слишком часто я хожу вокруг, до около, ведь не знаю, как лучше всего это сказать, ведь это довольно таки аккуратная тема. Но скажу прямо, я говорю о платных DLC. Знаю, многие их ненавидят. Но что им ещё остаётся, никуда не деться. Ну так вот, предлагаю распилить игру по кусочкам. Вы помните с чего начинался популярный, только что упомянутый Minecraft? С Minecraft Classic. Это отдельно сделанный режим творчества, это ограниченный набор бесплатных блоков, с помощью которых можно строить что угодно. Там всё предельно просто. Там побывало очень-очень много игроков. Людям всегда намного проще начинать с малого. А теперь вспомним Space Engineers. Они добавили кучу блоков, в которых легко запутаться. Но я не об этом, а о DLC, которые они добавили и всё распределили по наборам. Почти как Season Pass, но поменьше. Не для удобства игроков, а просто пополнить свои кошельки. Впрочем, как и все остальные. Но сама концепция меня немного заинтересовала. Это ведь почти как GitHub. Не знаю, правильный ли пример я привёл, но ведь это они сделали модульную систему, где можно добавлять программный код по кусочкам, что довольно таки удобно. Хотя, может я просто перепутал с Fabric, модульным инструментом для моддинга игры. В общем, примеров я привёл достаточно. И вот я и подошёл к сути. Нужно всё в игре распределить по небольшим наборам, в очень большом количестве, если это вообще возможно в Steam, и так продавать. К примеру. Декоративный DLC первый, составляющие эксклюзивные цвета, и расширенный набор форм блоков, второй, который добавляет карбоновый, золотой, глянец, металлик, перламутр (ну знаете, как тюнинг в NFS). А также предлагать вместо основной игры разные наборы DLC. К примеру, наборы декоративные, наборы производственные, состоящие из механизмов, социальный набор, всякие смайлики, фейерверки и прочая чушь, наборы военные(ну тут даже объяснять не обязательно). Всё распиливать по DLC и их пакам и категориям можно долго. Но это стоит того. Что бы люди думали, что у них есть выбор. Для тех, кого игра заинтересует, в любом случае, возьмёт жадность, и они подумают, куплю я всё, пока это возможно. Знаете, я такой же. Пока есть деньги.

А ещё, напоследок, я хотел бы упомянуть об торговой площадке Steam.
    Лично мне бы хотелось, что бы в игре имелась возможность покупки всяких скинов и вещей с её помощью. Многие бы этого хотели в любой игре. Надеюсь на это. Сделайте какой нибудь дроп в виде компонентов, деталей с уровнем качества и отмычку, которую можно купить за реальные деньги внутри игры или в виде дропа, но уже более низкого качества которыми не открываются предметы с исключительным качеством.

По правде говоря, я много чего хотел бы предложить, но детали всегда плавают в моей голове, подобно приливам и отливам. Их легко потерять в потоке мыслей и тяжело отыскать обратно. Я сомневаюсь, что надолго задержусь на этом форуме. Но вы всегда можете поговорить со мной о игре в Steam. Конечно, есть другие способы, но больно уж я люблю эту площадку и захожу на неё чаще всего. Мой никнейм в Steam - Kostet960604, добавляйтесь, буду рад пообщаться.