Change the Behavior of Cannon Missiles to a Burst weapon

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Instead of one missile every three seconds, let's have a burst of five missiles dragged out over two seconds with a reload of 10s. Balance damage and whatnot from there. The point of this change would be to give these missiles similar effects to *rocket pods* without having to use logic or multiple computers.

And it would be a super cool way to add more diversity to the weapon systems we already have. :D

(Clarification: Missiles with a Cannon Slave)

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    That would be fun, I recall Cal wanting to do that with Missile/Missile as well.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think the issue with this could be that missile impacts can take some time to calculate, and so having 5 land at 1 time could cause a fair bit of lag, and end up having only 1 or 2 of the hits registered in damage

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think the issue with this could be that missile impacts can take some time to calculate, and so having 5 land at 1 time could cause a fair bit of lag, and end up having only 1 or 2 of the hits registered in damage
    It wouldn't be any worse than swarmers, for sure :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I think they should just be much faster. You can design a system that would send out 5 missiles in any pattern you want, so quite honestly, a missile pod configuration is unnecessary. The biggest problem with cannon missiles are that they are nearly impossible to hit any moving targets with, regardless of speed. This may be fixed with additive velocity, but I think the missiles should be faster in the first place.

I'm thinking they should be like the mercury missiles from Descent 2.

11:06 to see them in action. He only shoots em twice, so watch closely.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think they should just be much faster. You can design a system that would send out 5 missiles in any pattern you want, so quite honestly, a missile pod configuration is unnecessary. The biggest problem with cannon missiles are that they are nearly impossible to hit any moving targets with, regardless of speed. This may be fixed with additive velocity, but I think the missiles should be faster in the first place.

I'm thinking they should be like the mercury missiles from Descent 2.

11:06 to see them in action. He only shoots em twice, so watch closely.
    It's the feel that I'm going for here. They would be useful in the same way cannon-cannon is for DPS, but against armor instead of shields. Their speed should be faster, but that's all a part of the thruster problem, not necessarily the weapons themselves.