Change mining system

Reaction score
    (First of all I want to apologize if something is wrong written, my english isn´t great)

I suppose this has been suggested before, or at least, something similar, but its important so I insist. The actual mining system has many problems. One is lag, I think all of you had noticed this already, people use giant mining ships, I know that it could be solved by servers admins but its difficult and there is a better way. Another big problem I see is that now, when you start a war, the winner (if its possible to say that exists a clearly winner) is the one who was more time mining and has the bigger amount of resources.

Thats a possible solution: Only asteroids or destroyed ships/station can be mined by ships, planets are mined by buildings. The idea is that each part of the planet gives every hour a max of resources (it could be 2 tipes per part like now), that max is dettermined by the size of the core (its important to be the size of the core and not of the nuber of blocks). The blocks used for mining work as mass enhancers, if you have more than needed you get the 100% of the minerals/hour, if not the % start to decrease. Those blocks have to be placed on "ships" that have to be docked to the planet, but for starting to mine the dock placed on the planet must be a new special rail (only 1 for each part).

That where the most important features, I only want to add some more suggestions, like reducing the number of resources that asteroid gives (no system bonus for this tipe of mining) or making shields of one part of a planet to be the same of other of the same. One more good idea is that the special rail gives shield support to the "ship/building" under the 50% as it was part of the planet (originally I was thnking in putting the mining blocks directly in the planet, but is better to put them on a ship so you can use blueprints).

If want more detailed information tell me. Thanks for reading all ;)

Reaction score
    Every idea on the thread causes the same design issue for me nerfing planet mining. While this may reduce lag players shouldn't be constrained in their sandbox game play-style by bugs that occur in the alpha state of the game, Implementing a deterrent to this player behavior as such would be harmful to both the way players play the game and the final product, and after all this is a sandbox game.

So lets figure out ways we can either ....

1. Change the system to be more in depth and avoid the salvage beams which doubtless to say are the main cause of many failures to design a mechanical solution to our lag problem. While not ideal. Implementing a game design solution using another mining tactic that may be involving for the player and add a new dimension to game play while entirely sidestepping our existing problem.

2. Figure out the mechanical problem with our current salvage beam mining design and and assist Schema in wacking the bug.
    The question is what mechanical part of the mass salvage beam planet mining process causes the most lag?

Reaction score
    Im sure there are lots of possible solutions to the mining system not changing very much the way of mining planets, but think that this game has a very big problem. There isnt anything that motivate players to build anything out of his homebase. Its imposible to do PVP if not programmed before with someone, there are no objetives, people only build build and build more ships and then they only can use tham against pirates. If the mining system is changed as I suggested there is a new OBJETIVE, people is "forced" to build out of their homebases, forced to defend them, FORCED TO CONTROL TERRITORIES. That would be one of the two updates that would make this game 99% playable (I say playable not finished), the other one are advanced IAs (be able to give them advanced orders like patrol or what to do if anything of the fac is attacked in a "x" distance).

Think that idea originally is not designed for lag, is for making a more enjoable game. You need resources so you build mining plattaforms and defences, but if the map is limitated to one or two galaxies you have to fight for controlling the better places (remember that the resources of that planets are "ilimitated", only dissapear if the planet is destroyed).