Votes: 1 11.1%
    • Bloody awful!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It's been suggested a number of times before to make paint change the colour of all levels of hull, but I would like to add something to that idea.

Rather than have to upgrade each colour of armour with the corresponding colourful metals, there should be two metals that can turn any hull into armour, universally. Would make a lot more sense, and would make producing armour significantly easier and more streamlined.

Not sure of which two ores to pick though. :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Just make it so any ore/shard can be used. Either directly or making a "hull materials" intermediate.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    The thing is that metal mesh is barely used in the factories at all, while ores and crystal are used for everything. It would make far more sense to just use mesh for hulls.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Yeah, personally, I support just using metal mesh to upgrade hull, maybe for advanced armor require a little macet or whatever but that's it.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'd like armor to be just made of 5 of the previous tier. 5 basic makes 1 standard, 5 standard makes 1 advanced. 25 glass + paint makes crystal armor. Additionally, higher levels of hull are created with plain grey and can be painted at any tier. Additionally, have a way to remove paint from hull. Maybe putting hull in the capsule refinery gives you grey hull and the paint color?

Reaction score
    I haven't crafted anything in a very long time, are crafting recipes still entirely randomized? composed of random shit? I remember getting an advanced armour recipe costing 1 frozen planet dirt.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I haven't crafted anything in a very long time, are crafting recipes still entirely randomized? composed of random shit? I remember getting an advanced armour recipe costing 1 frozen planet dirt.
    recipies are not random anymore, they are strictly defined in the BlockConfig.xml

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    I'd like armor to be just made of 5 of the previous tier. 5 basic makes 1 standard, 5 standard makes 1 advanced. 25 glass + paint makes crystal armor. Additionally, higher levels of hull are created with plain grey and can be painted at any tier. Additionally, have a way to remove paint from hull. Maybe putting hull in the capsule refinery gives you grey hull and the paint color?
    I'm with Lecic on this one.

1 paint per hull block. 5 hulls to 1 standard armor. 5 standard armor to 1 advanced armor. Paint or unpaint at any tier.

Advanced armor now has a big enough nerf (mass) that it no longer needs to be 50x more expensive than standard armor to make.

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Love all of the ideas, especially Lecic's idea for the tiered system. However, I still see 5 as a bit too much, maybe it's the right number for the scaling of hit points and mass, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

I also like the idea of using mesh for armouring, maybe compress the mesh a bit? For tier 2 armour, use 5 mesh for standard armour, and for tier 3, 10/15 mesh. (numbers can be very easily re-scaled)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    That means that there's 25 circuit and 25 mesh in each advanced armor. In balancing with the 20 or 50 crystal per crystal block, I'd say that the extra levels shouldn't have any more crystal in them.

The idea about the capsule refinery though - I like it.