Read by Schine Change appearance of pickup point block to better show orientation.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    I have no idea what the box and line are supposed to be telling me, but the pickup point block clearly has an orientation that is required for docking to work. I recommend placing a simple arrow on the one and only side that the block picks up from, with the arrow pointing towards the direction that an entity will travel once docked. Like every other rail block.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    This would be a kupu issue.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1459661399,1459661175][/DOUBLEPOST]Wait, no.
    The pickup point just docks you to the closest rail. I don't think orientation matters. Movement is solely based on the rail docked to, whether it is a pickup rail or basic rail.

Reaction score
    Much like the op I have had lots of issues and have found changing the orientation of the pick up to fix the issue.
    Maybe some bug fixing or as the op suggested adding an arrow.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I'm looking into this, alongside another bug with the pickup point. Thanks for the feedback.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I have experimented with switching on and off these (the graphic changes when linked to an activation block and appears to work) and sometimes function is erratic so in my experience, there does seem to be an alignment, whether intended or not.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I've noticed that the orientation of the pickup point changes when attached to an activation module and turned off, looks like it inverts itself. That always led me to believe that orientation was important. Glad to know it's not.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It has an orientation? It just docks you to the rail next to it, I guess orientation would be important if you have a cluster of rails. I usually just fixed this moving the pickup point so it was only next to the rail I wanted to dock to.

Reaction score
    Um i have a problem where the pickup point places the ship 180 degrees to the direction of the rail and the ship just doesent move. plz help.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    Um i have a problem where the pickup point places the ship 180 degrees to the direction of the rail and the ship just doesent move. plz help.
    There is a bug with the current pickup rails textures. They are backwards right now. I believe kupu will fix it when he's back.