Chairs, and viewscreens.

Reaction score
    Maybe you could implement all the chair stuff you talked about and change the current ship core into the escape pod because it would seem wasteful to completely be. Rid of ship core :D just my opinion

Reaction score
    Or use the cores for manning your ships turrets because the error in your idea would be that it would be realy confusing to make turrets.

Reaction score
    I like all the ideas suggested, as most said before

-Don\'t get killed if core overheats, only if player is shot in the chair or chair is damaged

-Gives advantage of being able to abandon chair if core overheats and (if the mechanic eventually gets in) repair it

-Perhaps chairs can be linked to other devices as well, such as weapon computers so other people can assist in fighting, rather than having to go to the weapons computer itself.

-The need to build an actual \"interior\" of a ship to house the chair and room to exit it, rather than just flying around a hunk of connected blocks :/

I don\'t like the idea of being able to control a core without a chair though, I think it leads to people, as said before, flying blank coreships around everywhere. And It always bothers me that such a tall figure can get sucked into a tiny cube :P